Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
cotnoutlaw said:
I just realized something, no one has brought up the nationally covered debut of AC. Why was it so famous?

That subject has been brought up here before and beaten to death on practically every coaster forum in existence.

http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-684.html

Unagi said:
cotnoutlaw said:
I just realized something, no one has brought up the nationally covered debut of AC. Why was it so famous?

That subject has been brought up here before and beaten to death on practically every coaster forum in existence.

http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-684.html

Didn't know it had it's own thread! Thanks!

It was really cool riding this on Pass Member Night because the rest of park was dark, and the parking lots were empty.

phareous said:
They really ought to finish painting...the lift steps look very faded

That episode was filmed in 2002 during the coaster's fourth operating season and before it received it's first refreshing coat of paint.

Reactions: destroyer421
In general, the ride needs paint everywhere. I was shocked they didn't paint it this year during the off season. Heck, they could paint it now. Six Flags America has been painting Batwing in the morning before the park opens, one support at a time.

Reactions: destroyer421
Number five according to Theme Park Insider:

1.El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure
2.Bizarro at Six Flags New England
3. Maverick at Cedar Point
4. Intimidator at Carowinds
5. Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
6. Manta at SeaWorld Orlando
7. Millennium Force at Cedar Point
8. The Voyage at Holiday World
9. Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure
10. Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City

I love how in the TIME article Giles states the pre-drop was a design decision for anticipation. This was standard design for B&M to relieve lift hill chain stress. While B&M no longer does this for whatever reason I do prefer their older coasters that sill have this for the reason Giles described.

Larry Giles said:
The first lift is high and after the lift we placed a section of flat track 50’ long to give the rider anticipation and appreciation of the height, as well as time to evaluate the inevitable—the drop coming. The drop was designed with a vertical curve upwards; as the coaster drops there is an outward force from the seat. While not straight down, the ride will feel near 0G on the drop, the body will sense this in the inner ear and muscular structure. This triggers your natural fight or flight response, or for the coaster rider—a thrill.

Yes, I love that anticipation before the drop! I swear the drop is...slower or something now. Maybe it just doesn't affect me like when I was younger. :-/ Anyone else notice a difference?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad