Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Well shit.
My idea is they beef up the structure by demolishing the bridge by mine train, and taking out the plaza del carnival rides to make space to beef up the structure and prevent this from ever happening again

Is this just a pre-repair ruling from NJ related to the cause of the accident or is this a broader condemnation of the state of the ride in general?

Reactions: warfelg
That's what I thought—in which case this is probably completely meaningless. We already knew the ride was structurally compromised just like it was structurally compromised last year as well.
What’s your take on this? What do you think they’ll honestly do to it, I wanna hear what everyone thinks

Seems to be a paywalled article circulating today that El Toro has been ruled "structurally compromised" by the state of New Jersey. That sounds rather ominous. I hope it just requires extensive repairs and it can reopen but yeah that doesn't give me a ton of comfort especially with Selim calling the shots nowadays.

More them deeming the ride structurally compromised because of the incident. Not condemning the ride to demolition. There's a variety of ways Great Adventure can address the complaints by the state in order to reopen the ride, the most foolproof methods will involve it being closed for a prolonged period of time.

That's what I thought—in which case this is probably completely meaningless. We already knew the ride was structurally compromised just like it was structurally compromised last year as well.
The whole article really is meaningless.... including statement from Ken Martin offering absolutely nothing of value.
What’s your take on this? What do you think they’ll honestly do to it, I wanna hear what everyone thinks
The only major thing of value that the article does say is that Six Flags is contacting Intamin. That's some extremely good news.

That’s if Selim wants to do it. Gotta remember Mr. Bafool is still in the driver seat.
I hope he at least recognizes the value El Toro has..... I think he will do something but what he does is going to be bare minimum as opposed to doing a complete overhaul like they should do.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad