Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I also take issue with the fact that Bridgette is supposedly the source of this rumor. It’s really hard to believe any high-up employee would leak this sort of information to a random guest, but I’d expect the GM to be more cautious and tight-lipped than most about what information gets out there.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
He said he’d ask Bridgett when he gets a chance but ride ops and supervisors haven’t been told anything yet.

For the record, ride operators are rarely told anything and the rumors that circulate amongst front line employees are frequently less reliable than you'll find 'round here. Even maintenance, mid-level management, etc. rarely have opportunities to get information about future rides. Most parks are pretty good about keeping the information pretty tightly controlled.

Jul 14, 2019
What if it actually is closing in september......but for repainting/theme enhancements for Jungle Xpedition Part II?

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
What if it actually is closing in september......but for repainting/theme enhancements for Jungle Xpedition Part II?
They repainted it in an off season with time to spare before I don't see why they would need to close early to do it again.

Coasterguy95

Intimidator 305 enjoyer, I make yt vids, watch em!
Jul 6, 2022
www.youtube.com
Alright my friend got back to me here’s what he said. He talked to Bridgett
“No, not true from anyones knowledge
And it was confirmed that if she revealed that prior to parks official tweets or releases she would have been in big trouble”
So it’s a fake.

Nov 1, 2012
And it was confirmed that if she revealed that prior to parks official tweets or releases she would have been in big trouble”
So it’s a fake.
I knew it was fake when someone states a GM of a park, in a major chain, would divulge that type of information to a member of the GP.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia

I'm sorry, I know you mean well, but this is literally no more reliable than the "leak" you're trying to debunk. Front line employees are not remotely reliable sources of internal information and parks are VERY happy to directly lie to them all the time. Occasionally a front line employee will see or hear something they shouldn't have and that can be interesting—but most things parks claim to employees about possible upcoming news should be treated with skepticism.

I'm squarely in the "this is all fake" camp and I'm sure your friend is correct that there's nothing internally that he has access to that would corroborate anything the person claimed. That said, a denial from a ride op can't be held up as proof because it's really just not a very useful metric at all.

I'd love to see Bridgette on the record saying that this was all entirely fake, but I think we're unlikely to get that.

PS: Park leadership would likely not get in any trouble if they confirmed the closure of a ride a little earlier than expected.

Apr 13, 2021
Open and shut case. Hoping that we can see some kind of new life go into Anaconda, but it is on the clock for how long it can stick around unless they do some serious refurbishments.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
For the record, ride operators are rarely told anything and the rumors that circulate amongst front line employees are frequently less reliable than you'll find 'round here. Even maintenance, mid-level management, etc. rarely have opportunities to get information about future rides. Most parks are pretty good about keeping the information pretty tightly controlled.

Taking an example from another park, maintenance was not aware of what was happening to Wildcat when the internal news about Wildcat closing was unveiled. Many were not happy with the move.

Similar thing with Volcano where the intentions were to reopen it until corporate stepped in towards the end of 2018.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Taking an example from another park, maintenance was not aware of what was happening to Wildcat when the internal news about Wildcat closing was unveiled. Many were not happy with the move.

Similar thing with Volcano where the intentions were to reopen it until corporate stepped in towards the end of 2018.

Yeah, people assume that mid-level management and maintenance-type folks must know about some of this stuff but, typically, even they're left squarely in the dark (and/or directly lied to) until announcement day.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
It doesn't shock me it has short lines but it also loads and cycles really fast for a KD coaster and had little down time issues.

It's also a very accessible coaster. The 48in height requirement and the forgiving restraints (size-wise) mean that the market for Anaconda is quite a bit larger than Dominator's, Twisted Timbers', or Intimidator's.

Dec 7, 2021
It doesn't shock me it has short lines but it also loads and cycles really fast for a KD coaster and had little down time issues.
Despite being the ride to stack the hardest It still manages to have one of the highest ridership numbers in the park
I will say shoutout to them for getting that many people though
I will also shoutout the dominator crew I had when I visited last. They were rolling trains

PNDS

Hopefully a future Ride to Happiness Enjoyer
Feb 4, 2022
Despite being the ride to stack the hardest It still manages to have one of the highest ridership numbers in the park
I will say shoutout to them for getting that many people though
I will also shoutout the dominator crew I had when I visited last. They were rolling trains
I would like to unshoutout your shoutout (is that how it works?) because the were very much not rolling trains earlier today on Dominator.

• Haha
Reactions: AlpenChariot
Dec 7, 2021
I would like to unshoutout your shoutout (is that how it works?) because the were very much not rolling trains earlier today on Dominator.
That’s totally fair. I just happened to be there on a day where they had 4 people working platform so that’s where the good ops came from lol

Reactions: PNDS
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad