Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
My money is on SWSA coaster being Abyss.

Make it ole timey, into the abyss on a wooden ship.

Is it possible this isn't a roller coaster at all? It just says theme park ride. This could be a new Scrambler or something.

The other option as was said earlier is that this could be a water ride maybe at one of the Aquaticas, Adventure Island or WCUSA. They did say every park was getting something new every year. I wonder if that means just each market gets something new or it seriously is each park.

My money is on SWSA coaster being Abyss.

Make it ole timey, into the abyss on a wooden ship.
I really like that theme. Sounds really cool. My guess though is that they'll tie into the turtle trek expansion they just built. To my understanding that's where it's being built.

I searched TESS looking at the Gwanzi thread and I'm thinking this is fake, as well. I don't see it listed. Another thing I noted in this and the Gwanzi is the "goods and services" line. They don't use the language as shown on the Tigris filing. And SeaWorld is two words on Abyss was Gwanzi fake.

Reactions: BGWnut
Actually in looking at the filing it appears that this is legit. By searching Abyss on TESS I was able to find this listing. 15089

When I search Sea World separated Abyss also shows up with names of rides that we know belong to SeaWorld.

Reactions: Zachary
Huh? I'm confused at why this is perceived as a fake. TESS isn't a portal where people can upload fake marks. It's a search system for marks that have been registered and applied for. This isn't fake - it's an actual application for a trademark based on intent to use. (If you look at the filing basis, 1B, that means intent to use. If the filing basis were 1A, it would mean the mark is already in use.) The difference is that you can file a trademark application based on an intent to use a mark, but it it is eventually allowed, it won't actually register as a trademark until the applicant can provide evidence of use of the mark in commerce.

Many times companies will file trademark applications early in a project to claim the mark in case they decide to use it, knowing very well they may never end up using the mark at all, even if it is approved. If they end up not using the mark, it will simply go abandoned. Not sure if any of that helped, but anything you find on TESS is most definitely not fake.

Ok, I only searched SeaWorld and not separate words. It's just weird they'd use both. Also, it's unusual to me they used "theme park ride" when all the others used "amusement park". Are they trolling us?

Actually that's pretty normal, depending on the specific entity applying for trademark registration. Other times it's the same entity and it was just a mistake with the way the name was entered, and it was just left that way.

Also, no trolling. There are legal reasons the name might be different, based on case specifics.

Reactions: Nicole and Zimmy
Huh? I'm confused at why this is perceived as a fake. TESS isn't a portal where people can upload fake marks. It's a search system for marks that have been registered and applied for. This isn't fake - it's an actual application for a trademark based on intent to use. (If you look at the filing basis, 1B, that means intent to use. If the filing basis were 1A, it would mean the mark is already in use.) The difference is that you can file a trademark application based on an intent to use a mark, but it it is eventually allowed, it won't actually register as a trademark until the applicant can provide evidence of use of the mark in commerce.

Many times companies will file trademark applications early in a project to claim the mark in case they decide to use it, knowing very well they may never end up using the mark at all, even if it is approved. If they end up not using the mark, it will simply go abandoned. Not sure if any of that helped, but anything you find on TESS is most definitely not fake.

Yes if you pull the file from TESS it is legit. However the image that was initially posted could have been fake. Anyone can create an imagine that looks like TESS. Just go over to the RMC Gwazi thread. There is an example of one that is fake because it doesn't show up anywhere in TESS

Ok, I only searched SeaWorld and not separate words. It's just weird they'd use both. Also, it's unusual to me they used "theme park ride" when all the others used "amusement park". Are they trolling us?
Perhaps. I am just as confused as you are. I would think there would be legal issues with the company name not matching the actual company name but I am not lawyer.

Thanks, that clears up some of my questions. It is also worth noting that Seas has registered names in the past and not used them. I think this might have been the case with Invadr

Reactions: ..…
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad