Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Don't know if this is a stupid question or not but, Is it possible for KD to keep their "big permits" hidden from the public?

It was announced to the public October 23rd, 2007. It opened to the public on May 24th, 2008. So somewhere between those dates I guess :)

Reactions: Peyton
OMG! Look what showed up on KD's website!
8VbImIX.png

This can ONLY mean one thing! In 2016, KD is getting an Intamin Twisted Impulse Coaster, a Morgan hyper, an S&S drop tower, a green Arrow looper, a green B&M looper, and a B&M invert!

Clearly this is sarcasm, intended to make a point about the baseless speculation floating around lately. Most rumors being discussed are no more valid than those posted in the paragraph above. I'd like to remind everyone to keep that in mind when reading this thread.

MAZ said:
I am officially speculating THIS as a 2016 attraction called the Apple Turnover. http://www.hussrides.com/news/news.html

Yeah, I saw this announcement on another site.

Course, KD's former version was a Schwarzkopf model (23 car version I believe). Since that company is long gone and those used Schwarzkopf models are hard to come by, I would assume KD could buy a Huss version and place it somewhere in Candy Apple Grove. Great way to bring some of the old magic back to that area.

Interesting variations of the revamped Enterprise model. I like the open seating concept as well as the original enclosed gondolas. (Note the combo version with alternating open seating and enclosed gondola's). I find the model where the wheel is tilting back horizontal, with the main support arm still vertical, pretty neat.

Could definitely be a future flat ride addition possibility for the park. (With or Without the removal of ShockWave).

Reactions: SWStevo
MAZ said:
I am officially speculating THIS as a 2016 attraction called the Apple Turnover. http://www.hussrides.com/news/news.html

Funny because "coaster" accounts all over social media are speculating this is on the drawing board for BGW in 2016. Sign near Festhaus/near former Roots of all Evil maze says "Something thrilling is coming soon!"...

Reactions: Jesy and SWStevo
Not really a rumor per se, but I have read via a Facebook discussion that KD/CW deal with DEI expires at the end of 2015. This means they may have to rebrand the Intimadator coasters.

I sure hope not Luke. I ride that almost every visit. I'm hoping it just gets shut down for construction in the area, then re-opened with the new attraction.

Reactions: Mushroom and Luke
I believe Bad Apple will be just fine. I doubt they will, but if they have to I would imagine them moving the ride rather than getting rid of it.

Personally, I'd love to see a flat ride of its size or smaller where the 'Test Your Strength Sledgehammer' game is in the SkyFlyer plaza (it still seems somewhat empty) and on International Street where Scrambler once was and where CornStalkers currently is.

Reactions: wombat96
You should take a look at the KD thread on the Theme Park Review site (Page 1223). Someone did a before and after mockup of the potential for the Shockwave site if a flat ride package were to be installed for 2016. Course, this is just someone's idea of what it COULD look like come next year.

It shows a vertical satellite view of the current ShockWave and the 2nd photo shows the site, minus the coaster, for a 2016 makeover. What we would actually get as far the flat rides are concerned, is anyone's guess. But, the person uses a Disk'O, a new Huss Enteprise ride, and the pay per Sling-Shot attraction in their version.

I like the Idea of connecting the dead-end area next to Snoopy's Flying Ace with a path to Candy Apple grove. Anyway, it gives a nice idea of what could be done for 2016.

Reactions: Hokie305
^ That was actually me. I'll go ahead and post them in here, too.

I decided to do a very quick, rough mock up Shockwave replacement based on the heaviest rumors (from around the web and speculation of Cedar Fair trends) - a new enterprise, SlingShot, and a Disk'O coaster. All of the rides are to scale in this and could easily all fit. I didn't include a HUSS Frisbee because that seems like it's only been a KD fanboy dream rather than a possibility - Cedar Fair hasn't installed one since 2005.

I'm still thinking with the park removing Shockwave, a new medium sized coaster could be coming - the footprint is much larger than some people realize.

screen_shot_2015-07-13_at_1.png

kd2016pt1.jpg

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad