Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

redsoxfan787 said:
On a side note, the waiting room... Why?
Going off this, they should just expand the maze into "14: Your Number's Up" and consider the queue a room. "Fear of Long Theme Park Queues.". Would certainly hold some truth to it, at least among us enthusiasts.

It's attached to the dentist room. Waiting rooms can be a source of fear because of the anxiety it builds.

I actually think it's a nice thematic touch.

Reactions: Kitty and Youhow2

Pretzel Kaiser said:
It's attached to the dentist room. Waiting rooms can be a source of fear because of the anxiety it builds.

I actually think it's a nice thematic touch.

Maybe you are right. On the other hand because it isn't really a waiting room -- you walk through it rather than sitting and fretting waiting for a doctor/dentist -- it feels more like an intermission than a phobia. I actually felt my stress level plummet in that room; I think I laughed.

So if you had the choice to take out the waiting room fear (which I agree with Nic is like an intermission) what new fear would be cool to put in it's place?

Reactions: Nicole

Owls R A Hoot said:
So if you had the choice to take out the waiting room fear (which I agree with Nic is like an intermission) what new fear would be cool to put in it's place?

Pregnancy-test-1a.jpg

Uuuummmmm....honey?!? :shocked:

I think phobias in general are probably very hard to execute. Many do not have specific visual cues, and so often fear is about what going inside your own head. How do you create the stimuli to trigger a specific fear in just a few seconds, especially in a person who does not have the phobia?

I think this is why the fear of heights room works so well. A ledge is a very specific and fairly instantaneous visual cue (can something be "fairly instantaneous," or is that like somewhat pregnant?)

Owls R A Hoot said:

My dog has this one. It would be easy enough to execute, I think:
Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightening. Also known as Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, or Ceraunophobia.

Or for Nora:
Mysophobia: The fear of germs or dirt.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
Which is why 13 different themes is a dumb idea.

But it is such a cool concept. I really want it to work.

Reactions: Owls R A Hoot

I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone know what room I've dubbed "Fear of Strobe-lights" is supposed to be?

It was too dark to read all of the signs in the QQ hallway, and honestly, some of those room aren't exactly intuitive.

Nic, I'm not sure, but I actually think this really is what that strobe room is supposed to be:
Nic said:
Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightening. Also known as Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, or Ceraunophobia.

Dr. Felix Freakenstein said:
Nic, I'm not sure, but I actually think this really is what that strobe room is supposed to be:
Nic said:

I seriously hope you wrong. That would be very quiet and excessively volatile electrical storm.

Shouldn't there be crashes and unpredictable flashes of light and possibly fake fires? Wind even?

I know that a sudden boom, coupled with bright light would startle the heck out of me. Strobe lights are just disorienting.

Alpenghöst said:
The thunder and lightning room in 13 this year was the only thing that wasn't improved over last year. Last year, it had wind, thunder sounds and the lightning wasn't just a strobe.

You know, I don't even remember that. Interesting.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad