Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Pulled from the Howl-O-Scream thread:

redsoxfan787 said:
How was the clown room in 13? I didn't get to check it out :(

It looked fantastic in my opinion. In fact, all of Thirteen, theme wise, is vastly better than it has been any other year. Some rooms received heavy modifications- all of which seem extremely positive. That said, it felt fairly understaffed and, well, the staff that was there was doing an absolutely horrendous job.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

So I am going to try and break this down from what I remember.

Room 1 - Still the same; except, the scare actor blends in with the flowers, by using a flower hat and outfit. Interesting scare method, I think it works, just not for me.

Fear of Dentist - I love how the dentist has a power drill instead of a weak tooth drill, it is louder and much more startling.

Fear of Clowns - I love the over theming. Especially towards the end with all the clown faces, masks, etc, staring at you.

Fear of Enclosed Spaces - This was done much better than last year, there was no confusion of where to go. The room was definitely large and much more powerful.

Fear of Waiting Rooms - Same as last year, no real change.

Fear of Strobes - This was extremely disorienting and not so much scary unless they were going for lightning or seizures.

Fear of Snakes - The only scary thing was the plastic ropes, but otherwise no real decor besides cameo and some snakes, but hardly nothing.

Fear of Spiders - Same as Fear of Snakes, but with spiders and walls of webs.

Fear of Heights - The only problem here is, looking down you see the reflection of your arms and it ruins the effect. Otherwise, it does do good.

Fear of Superstitions - The only change was every time a scare actor dropped his window door thing, a loud scream goes off; otherwise unless you are really worried about two ladders, it was rather lame.

Fear of Dead Bodies - The bodies look great, but I would like to see less hanging bodies, and better side decor.

Fear of Dirty Clothes - Literally I had no idea what the point of this room/hallway was?

Fear of Surgery - I would have an operation room rather than just a stretcher.

The Fear of Darkness has been removed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peej1212
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Sardogg said:
Room 11 is Fear of Darkness...

Really? There was no blinding dark room, if anything it felt like they removed it, or perhaps it was so light it felt nonexistent? Either way that room sucks if they consider it there.

It used to be pitch black with not even a light at the end to guide you, that is how you do that.
 
Apr 1, 2010
1,918
5,904
250
NC
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

I'm not sure the list of phobias on the fence was changed for clowns. We couldn't see it. HOS 2013 is having a bad year for clown signage and merch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kitty and Zachary

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
11,023
29,213
260
Arlington, VA
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

BGW Family said:
I'm not sure the list of phobias on the fence was changed for clowns. We couldn't see it. HOS 2013 is having a bad year for clown signage and merch.

Wait! Given how much extra time they had to set this one up, how can there be any signage problems?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haberdasher1973

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Actually, from what I remember, all the 2nd set of signs that used to be on the path as you approached the entrance to Thirteen were missing. The only ones I saw were on the back fence and we didn't stand in a long enough line to read them.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,868
3,089
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Did this maze for the first time last night. It honestly felt the same as it did last year. Some rooms were fantastic with a few dead rooms in between. Actors were pretty good. Is it just me or did fear of the dentist/doctor get a serious downgrade? I remember there being a lot more blood and props last year and the year before. Fear of clowns was nicely done. Got a good scare out of it. Just wish it was a bit longer.

The other rooms were about the same as last year. Just wish the dead hallways were gone.

Those dead hallways between rooms should be fear of the dark :cool:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kitty and Zachary
Apr 1, 2010
1,918
5,904
250
NC
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Zachary said:
Actually, from what I remember, all the 2nd set of signs that used to be on the path as you approached the entrance to Thirteen were missing. The only ones I saw were on the back fence and we didn't stand in a long enough line to read them.

Yup, that is the ones. Along the back fence. We couldn't get close enough to see.
 
Sep 14, 2013
6
3
20
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Party Rocker said:
Sardogg said:
Room 11 is Fear of Darkness...

Really? There was no blinding dark room, if anything it felt like they removed it, or perhaps it was so light it felt nonexistent? Either way that room sucks if they consider it there.

It used to be pitch black with not even a light at the end to guide you, that is how you do that.
There's an exit sign in it...the room is before the fear of thunder and lightning.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Yeah, if it is the one I am thinking of, the first 3 feet are dark enough just to hide two people then the rest of the room is bright. Made no sense to me.
 
Feb 1, 2010
1,209
681
250
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Zachary said:
Pulled from the Howl-O-Scream thread:

redsoxfan787 said:
How was the clown room in 13? I didn't get to check it out :(

It looked fantastic in my opinion. In fact, all of Thirteen, theme wise, is vastly better than it has been any other year. Some rooms received heavy modifications- all of which seem extremely positive. That said, it felt fairly understaffed and, well, the staff that was there was doing an absolutely horrendous job.
I agree! I loved all the clown décor, I wanted to stop and look around. They should've just made all of 13 clowns :p
 
Aug 25, 2012
1,460
1,587
250
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

^Then it would be fear fair.

So, I'm guessing the closure of EitA was for the better (for the house of course)?
 
Sep 10, 2012
4,275
9,861
250
Nearby
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

I love the mini-Fear Fair in 13. However, when I went in on opening weekend, the room was empty of scare actors. :shocked: I plan on going again this weekend and hope I'm not disappointed; got my QQ from FF.
 
Feb 1, 2010
1,209
681
250
RE: 13: Your Numbers Up (2011 to Present)

Hoopla said:
^Then it would be fear fair.

So, I'm guessing the closure of EitA was for the better (for the house of course)?
Very true :p although I was thinking more along the lines of Last Laugh Industries.

On a side note, the waiting room... Why?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad