Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 9, 2010
Wild Days will be at Busch Gardens this year on September 8 & 9

Interact with Busch Gardens’ animal ambassadors during “Wild Days” featuring Jack Hanna and Julie Scardina. Guests can get up-close with dozens of animals and learn how they can help protect wild animals and their habitat. Guests can experience Wild Days Sept. 8 – 9.

Reactions: Zachary
If there were ever an event that had the least impact on the park if it were to be removed would be this one. It really is not a highlight that draws people in. It is more of a publicity stunt to get people to realize the park is helping animals.

When I went last year it was packed (the show). I don't know if it bring people in the gates, but it gives them something to do during an otherwise empty part of the season.

^True it does give something to do, beside the usual stuff, but if it wasn't there, honestly, no one would care. It does excite the kids a bit, and they get free things like magnets, but it doesn't beat fireworks, haunted houses, or Santa.

They have an entire area dedicated to animals. That includes two theaters, technically four animal exhibits, and a walk through mini-park/garden in just one area. They have stables with all sorts of animals already too. I just think, it isn't a very big and popular event. Although it could just be because they don't really promote it as huge and widely as the top three big ones (ILN, HOS, and CT).

Yes it is enjoyable, and exciting for some, but if it never happened, or was taken away you wouldn't see the complaints like they get for switching to Coke, or being bought out, or HoS, or other things. Which really is a shame because it does have the potential to be a bigger event.

Right, and Tampa has a safari ride as well as a coaster which integrates with an animal exhibit. Combined with the fact that the same company also owns Sea World, there's no reason why the park shouldn't have Animal days. Also, Jack Hannah is a huge draw for people.

Jack Hannah is a huge draw to people who know him. To those who don't, like when I first heard of him. I honestly had no idea who is was and didn't care much for him.

I think Tampa is just so much more able to be animal incorporated since Africa is a wildlife hot spot. How many different types of super famous animals do you see running around Europe? Excluding the legendary ones such as LNM, Big Foot, Griffon, etc. The wolf is special since it is a real type of animal. Thus, Tampa can just do a much better job than Williamsburg. As for SeaWorld, they are 100% nothing but sea life already so it isn't that hard for them to do anything animal related.

I think if they park could have more really neat temporary animal exhibits like at the zoo, sorta like a haunted house based on animals and their environment, the event can be so much more successful and with better advertising too.

I have nothing against it, it just seems to me, poorly advertised and under done. I think it is okay, but they can do so much more to make it better.

Compared to what? HoS? It gets about the same advertisement as Glory and people won't shut up about that.

I just think it should be a bigger event with more advertising. The difference between the concerts and Wild Days is the concerts have their own draw with who is playing at them. Other than Jack and Julie, there aren't big names. It is just a small, nice, little event that I think would be better if it was built up and advertised more.

Party Rocker said:
I think if they park could have more really neat temporary animal exhibits like at the zoo, sorta like a haunted house based on animals and their environment, the event can be so much more successful and with better advertising too.

If the park wildlife area had a restaurant w/kind or Rainforest Cafe feel themed to Europe with maybe an animal habitat/maze behind it that would be kinda fun... It probably won't happen but that'd be fun. :p

Reactions: Party Rocker
In agreement with all above as I just happened upon it last year. As I can recall though, the lines were long at the theater entrance, and every seat was taken once inside. While the animals were awesome (for the kids) it really is a shame that their total animal interaction is a quick hour stage presentation. It cost big $$$ to have Jack Hanna on contract to the Park and even bigger $$$ to transport/care for the animals for a temporary stay. The animals are here in the park... let the folks see them in an upclose environment... you do it for the penguins!

Reactions: Zachary
The park has a lot of animals behind the scenes, a lot of the animals on display for Wild Days are at the park already.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad