Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I pop in every other day or so to check up on the forums.

I popped in today and saw that CarterGee is taking a hiatus, there was some drama on BGEscape, and there are apparently detailed plans concerning the 2012 coaster about which there is some debate.

What on earth happened? I've tried to scouring through the pages upon pages of conversation but I don't have that kind of time in my day-to-day life. What's going on?

The BGEscape drama was ages ago. I brought it up, and if it confuses you, I apologozie, it was just supposed to be a word of caution. This is news to me about the other Carter. The debate on the plans, well I'll just let the debaters explain that one. In other words, essentially, it's all good in the hood.

-Sky

Skyrider said:
The BGEscape drama was ages ago. I brought it up, and if it confuses you, I apologozie, it was just supposed to be a word of caution. This is news to me about the other Carter. The debate on the plans, well I'll just let the debaters explain that one. In other words, essentially, it's all good in the hood.

-Sky

A word of caution?

Some people were arguing or "fighting" (if you can even call it that) on the 2012 coaster thread. There was some accusations of the plans being fake and some people were insulting others which caused some controversy. I ignored most of this but from what I have read, Chris settled everything and the forums are at peace again. The BGEscape thing happened a long time ago and people were just remembering it because they said that similar incidences were the reason why some of the members here quit BGEscape's forums. (I don't even think BGEscape still runs, it's been years since I last went on it. This site is a thousand time better and I'm sure it will not meet the same fate any time soon.)

ArrowWolf1984 said:
Some people were arguing or "fighting" (if you can even call it that) on the 2012 coaster thread. There was some accusations of the plans being fake and some people were insulting others which caused some controversy. I ignored most of this but from what I have read, Chris settled everything and the forums are at peace again. The BGEscape thing happened a long time ago and people were just remembering it because they said that similar incidences were the reason why some of the members here quit BGEscape's forums. (I don't even think BGEscape still runs, it's been years since I last went on it. This site is a thousand time better and I'm sure it will not meet the same fate any time soon.)

I hope i tried being a member but found out that it was shut down ): But then i found this site and its amazing.

I wondered what that BANNED thing was about. So, more than one BGW employee requested to be banned at the same time? Sounds odd. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes. It's all private stuff either way, just curious.

It sounds like they had come up with some ridiculous conspiracy theories via PM and they concluded it was best to leave. Chris is the one who was contacted so he knows more about it than I do.

Well, what ever it was, it's probably good that it ended before someone got into trouble or started another "Days of our Lives" style hijacking hehe

Balak95 said:
I hope i tried being a member but found out that it was shut down ): But then i found this site and its amazing.

I managed to become a member late summer of 2009, the forums were so lifeless that I never posted once. I left the site and never turned back, and then I saw this one. It was a light at the end of a long and dark tunnel.

The site did see a small boost in activity when the Big Bad Wolf incidents were still rumor vs. reality. I actually first got the news from them, so to be fair I did follow them for a bit.

It saddens me to see them go, but I don't want anyone to lose their job over a few posts in a forum(even though I never saw them divulge anything secret). I wish them well and hopefully they will continue to post under new aliases.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad