Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 9, 2013
While wandering around the internet I found a YouTube video of a show called "Viva Italia" from 2008. This show played in Il Teatro Di San Marco and was replaced by Festival Italiano in 2009.

Here's that recording(don't ask me why the video looks the way it does, just be happy it's a full recording):

If anybody has more info. on this show, I(and many others) would  love to hear it!

Viva Italia was an entertaining little show. I wouldn't usually watch it unless I had food though.
It was directed by Bob Penola. He has been at the park for a while, mainly working on shows in that theater. The musical arrangements and the catchy original music was written by Gary Lensenmayer. Gary was always at the park's disposal like a good court composer.

The set was very simplistic. They were able to rotate four pillars to change the backdrop. The scenes were the Cafe Di Roma exterior(picture below),interior, and the grand opera.
mOfo7aC.jpg

Overall, it was a fun show, and in my opinion, it marked their last attempt of a "real" Italian show. There was just a little bit too much "New York" in it for me and not enough tarantellas.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad