Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Visiting the park today I noticed signs announcing vallet parking was available. Vallet parking is $25 and for pass holders it is $20. From my view you pay at the toll booth then drive to where you would drop someone off but instead you meet a vallet employee there.

Now for the questions, is this good, bad? Is it making the park classier? What are the potential problems with this service? How successful does it seem to be? Does it compete with preferred parking or regular parking? Can we expect it to create traffic delays? Any other questions, post them and now let's discuss!

Party Rocker said:
Visiting the park today I noticed signs announcing vallet parking was available. Vallet parking is $25 and for pass holders it is $20. From my view you pay at the toll booth then drive to where you would drop someone off but instead you meet a vallet employee there.

Now for the questions, is this good, bad? Is it making the park classier? What are the potential problems with this service? How successful does it seem to be? Does it compete with preferred parking or regular parking? Can we expect it to create traffic delays? Any other questions, post them and now let's discuss!

My initial reaction is this seems pretty silly. Are you really saving any time especially when it seems like there is usually plenty of open parking spot in Preferred Parking ( at least every time I have walked or driven through there has been)?

To be honest, I see it only being worth it once preferred is full. Once it's full, it's like okay they drive your car until a spot opens up, which can happen anytime. If its not full, you can just pay for preferred which is cheaper and park it yourself. Sort I like with Quick Queue, it's only worth it on few days.

Party Rocker said:
To be honest, I see it only being worth it once preferred is full. Once it's full, it's like okay they drive your car until a spot opens up, which can happen anytime. If its not full, you can just pay for preferred which is cheaper and park it yourself. Sort I like with Quick Queue, it's only worth it on few days.

Drive it around huh.. is gas included in the Valet Fee..:p I wonder if they will rope off spots exclusively for Valet if they suspect it will get busy?

I know that at a Mall Theater I use to go to, they had Valet Parking. To accommodate the people who wanted Valet parking they cordoned off a section of (prime) parking spots next to the theater and no one else was allowed to park there (valet only). Now there were only two tiers of parking ( free and valet) at this lot, but this same concept would not seem to be hard to implement at the park (rope off a section of the France parking lot for the exclusive use of Valet parking).

It's called the park needs ways to make money. I'm sure what they have done is set aside reserved spots for the valet in the back of preferred parking. Once those spots are filled, there will be no more valet service till one opens up.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
I could see it being useful for bringing a disabled person that needs a wheelchair or electric cart especially if they don't have the mental facilities to be left alone. Otherwise you'd need at two caretakers to park the car. It would be kind of pointless just to avoid the walk because you're going to be walking a lot more inside.

This is a nifty idea, I wont use it though, I vowed NEVER to use Vallet parking after using it at Motel 6 in Virgina Beach... Worst Mistake EVER hahah :) But the idea is still pretty nifty :)

They also have valet parking at Water Country from what I saw they have a certain section that was only for valet parking it was the last row you could park in to the right of the park. I would never use it but I guess it would provide more money for the parks.

Well come to find out, Motel 6 doesn't have Vallet parking, yes my car was stolen but was found...Tire-less, engine-less...Luckily the car was a piece of junk, so I didn't loose too much :)

Reactions: Peter R.
FreeFallAddict said:
Well come to find out, Motel 6 doesn't have Vallet parking, yes my car was stolen but was found...Tire-less, engine-less...Luckily the car was a piece of junk, so I didn't loose too much :)

You seriously fell for that? It's Motel 6... Not the Gaylord Opryland. You can only blame yourself for that one. ;)

Griffonluv said:
FreeFallAddict said:

You seriously fell for that? It's Motel 6... Not the Gaylord Opryland. You can only blame yourself for that one. ;)

I figure he's joking but it makes for a neat story if it actually happened :p

B.Mac said:
Griffonluv said:
FreeFallAddict said:

I figure he's joking but it makes for a neat story if it actually happened :p

I think it would give me quite the lulz.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad