Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Gavin

root@parkfans.net:/# rm -r *▌
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
gavinmcnabb.com
Posting this as a rumor for now, as there doesn't seem to be a press release for it yet and everyone is just citing Bloomberg on this. Supposedly this will be a 110,000 sq ft space that will focus on a horror experience in the upcoming 20 acres expansion at Area15 in Las Vegas.

As far as Vegas goes, there's a year-round horror attraction next to Area 15 called Viva Las Vengeance: A VR Experience based on Netflix Army of the Dead. I've not done this attraction yet but my cousins that live there have and they enjoyed it a lot. It's a must do if you're a fan of the zombie genre. So it would make sense to have this new attraction at Area 15.

However my issue with this location is having Universal's huge brand name in this area. It's one exit north of the Mirage Resort, Treasure Island Hotel and Fashion Show Mall. Traffic is a already a nightmare in this area and something like this is just gonna make it worse.

We went to Vegas last month and had a great time at Area 15. Granted we got wrecked at the nearby Golden Tiki for Happy Hour, then did the Omega Mart attraction (art installation?) first before going to Lost Spirits Distillery for the evening. Very fun Vaudeville-esque experience with different types of performers spread around but I did remember thinking it was like a Nevermore & circus theme HoS or HHN house. I can’t wait to go back when this opens

Reactions: Coasternerd
However my issue with this location is having Universal's huge brand name in this area. It's one exit north of the Mirage Resort, Treasure Island Hotel and Fashion Show Mall. Traffic is a already a nightmare in this area and something like this is just gonna make it worse.

From my few travels to Vegas I found their public transit system really good - I was mostly able to use it without needing a rental or rideshare to get around town.

It'd be cool if this new project helps support public transit as a method to get there

From my few travels to Vegas I found their public transit system really good - I was mostly able to use it without needing a rental or rideshare to get around town.

It'd be cool if this new project helps support public transit as a method to get there

I use to live there and I can tell you right now the location of this new Universal attraction is in a very tight spot streetwise as there isn't any room to expand any of the roads that surround it (Rancho Dr, West Desert Inn Rd and W Sirius Ave). This area also sits just north of the Spring Mountain Rd corridor which is the the city's designated Chinatown. With Vegas having a huge Asian population and the large amount of visitors from Asian countries, the Chinatown area constantly stays busy.

And while Vegas may have decent public transportation most of the tourists unfortunately don't use it. A lot of the tourism is dependent on visitors who can easily drive from neighboring states like California, Arizona and Utah. Those visitors are gonna use their cars to get around and they always clog the roads on both sides of the strip.

It would be nice if they could put a monorail system on the west side of the strip (like they have on the east side) and run it from Mandalay Bay all the way up to the new Universal attraction but that would cost too much money these days.

I use to live there and I can tell you right now the location of this new Universal attraction is in a very tight spot streetwise as there isn't any room to expand any of the roads that surround it (Rancho Dr, West Desert Inn Rd and W Sirius Ave). This area also sits just north of the Spring Mountain Rd corridor which is the the city's designated Chinatown. With Vegas having a huge Asian population and the large amount of visitors from Asian countries, the Chinatown area constantly stays busy.

And while Vegas may have decent public transportation most of the tourists unfortunately don't use it. A lot of the tourism is dependent on visitors who can easily drive from neighboring states like California, Arizona and Utah. Those visitors are gonna use their cars to get around and they always clog the roads on both sides of the strip.

It would be nice if they could put a monorail system on the west side of the strip (like they have on the east side) and run it from Mandalay Bay all the way up to the new Universal attraction but that would cost too much money these days.
I also thought of the elevated train, but it always seemed more like a gimmick attraction than a standard transit option.

If this was a full park, that location sounds terrible - but as more of an upcharge permanent experience, I guess it fits the area ok enough.

Reactions: Coasternerd
As far as Vegas goes, there's a year-round horror attraction next to Area 15 called Viva Las Vengeance: A VR Experience based on Netflix Army of the Dead. I've not done this attraction yet but my cousins that live there have and they enjoyed it a lot. It's a must do if you're a fan of the zombie genre. So it would make sense to have this new attraction at Area 15.

The benefit to me I think is that this wouldn't be the only major attraction in that area (Omegamart); and that I imagine they're going to make parking structures happen with this going onto the overflow lot.

Reactions: Unagi
The benefit to me I think is that this wouldn't be the only major attraction in that area (Omegamart); and that I imagine they're going to make parking structures happen with this going onto the overflow lot.

Yeah I'm thinking a large parking structure as well. Considering the marketing that the Universal brand name carries itself and with the nearby success of HHN at Universal Studios Hollywood, many of the Southern Cal locals will see this as an extension of that event.

Before seeing it was a legit operator, I was thinking Russ McKamey moved to Nevada...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad