Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
So, I wanted to drop a trip report in here, because of the many times I've been to Busch Gardens, this trip was remarkable in quite a few ways

I decided to plan a trip from my workplace, and 12 people signed up to come. Of those, 10 has never been to Busch Gardens before, and 2 were Season Pass holders (from when I took them last year). HUGE shout out to @Nicole, @Zachary, @Luke and @Thomas for their Passholder Weekend Free Tickets, which also kept this trip very cheap for the folks I was bringing to the park.

It was really fun seeing the park through the eyes of first-timers. The first thing people remarked was how beautiful the park was, and the ways in which they weren't expecting this level of theming. From there began a whirlwind tour of the park, and riding every coaster, Pompeii, Finnegan's Flyer, seeing both Animal shows (Howl to Coexist has really improved from the last time I saw it, and at least three people cried during Pet Shenanigans). For dining, I settled on bringing them to Germany, so people could do Beer Fest Food booths, or pretzels, or Festhaus, and then we ate together in the Festhaus and listened to Buckshot—also a ton of fun. Lots of singing and dancing occurred.

Verbolten was the huge hit for everyone. We ended up riding it three times by the time the trip was over. Griffon was also great because we filled the entire front row, and people didn't realized it hung you for a while—there was a lot of screaming.

It was incredibly rejuvenating for me to tour people around the park, and feed off the enthusiasm. It's easy for us to dwell in our forum and see all the tiny things that we wish were better, which can then lead to this exhausting feeling of our beloved park going down the dumps. But for my friends, the park was magic. They were excited to see what would pop up around every corner—which country they would end up in next! And the fireworks at the end of the day capped things off with a bang.

I am exhausted today, but in the best kind of way. BGW is magic, and I know that in my heart. <3

Last edited:
I was there yesterday with a friend and their nerdy kids. I'll repeat your sentiment about how refreshing it is to escape the microcosm of the forums. They were excited about all the small stuff about the park that I pointed out and whatnot. I also enjoy Eire and they were blown away by the experience.

I have to agree. Sometimes I feel like I'm to harsh on the park and I'm unable to see things without being critical. It is always refreshing to see how someone who has never been before still thinks it's an incredible experience. That's not to say the park can't do better and hasn't regressed because it can do better and it has regressed. It still is however a world class theme park.

Last edited:
So somewhat related, but something I found incredibly funmy. The kids didn't quite understand when I said that depending on who I go with, I don't get a chance to ride things because they're busy getting pics and update news. Their response was, "So they take pictures of bushes?" Which I could not say was wrong.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad