Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Mac Bowl looks to be replaced by The Taco Shack according to the park website.
1663959336983.png
Craving delicious Mexican cuisine? Why wait until Taco Tuesday? Nestled in the heart of Candy Apple Grove, The Taco Shack has delicious, authentic Mexican fare that will satisfy your taco cravings. Savor freshly prepared menu items and enjoy a refreshing RedRum Bloodsucker IIPA with your meal; so good that it’s spine-chilling!
Also, looks to be included in the dining plan as well.

Mac Bowl got pretty bad in recent memory. 100% approve of this.

100% agree with approval, but what I disagree with is that Mac Bowl was ever good. It was bad from day 1. Mushy macaroni with low-quality cheese sauce and so-so toppings. Hopefully the new place is a lot better. Can the menu be found anywhere? I notice that the guide still has Mac Bowl on it, so that's not been updated yet.

Was Mac Bowl truly a Chef Denis spot, or was it some combination of his work with the park's procurement folks forcing him to work with generally Sysco-grade prepared ingredients instead of making it in house?

Was Mac Bowl truly a Chef Denis spot, or was it some combination of his work with the park's procurement folks forcing him to work with generally Sysco-grade prepared ingredients instead of making it in house?

Mac Bowl predated Chef Denis’s arrival at the park. To my knowledge, it was one of the few restaurants remaining that he had still yet to significantly overhaul.

The more I think about this the more I like it. Name a time of year where tacos just aren’t good? That’s right, there isn’t one. Given the culinary departments recent success I have a feeling that these will be damn good tacos too.

Consider me excited. I’ll be there at open to try them out if they get the shack open in time.

Last edited:
Are beef and chicken the only protein options?

Pork or chicken, and yes.

Both were surprisingly good on Saturday. I preferred the chicken personally (more moist), but both were flavorful and fresh-tasting.

Still don't think anyone should bother with this place though honestly. Just feels impossible to justify when it's outclassed significantly in its lane by Borders and surpassed dramatically by other options in the park like Grain & Grill and Outpost.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad