Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
James said:
Is the idea of the new rules just to eliminate moderating anything anymore?

The idea of the new rules and moderation structure was to make action even across the board for everyone.

Not sure about the neg-rep. I think it is clearly stated how one feels about you negatively in replies, but leaving a permanent scar on your profile even if you've grown past it is potentially harsh.

That being said, maybe there should be rules to the negative rep instead of keeping it disabled. Neg-repping over inconsequential things is something I'm concerned about, because I make loads of inconsequential mistakes.

I still have neutral rep on my account from a certain someone...

MrLaptop said:
Neg-repping over inconsequential things is something I'm concerned about, because I make loads of inconsequential mistakes.

OMG, back in the day, I was the same way and was deep in the red. My, how times have changed.

MrLaptop said:
Not sure about the neg-rep. I think it is clearly stated how one feels about you negatively in replies, but leaving a permanent scar on your profile even if you've grown past it is potentially harsh.

That being said, maybe there should be rules to the negative rep instead of keeping it disabled. Neg-repping over inconsequential things is something I'm concerned about, because I make loads of inconsequential mistakes.

This is why we need neg rep.

Reactions: MrLaptop
If negative/neutral rep and that sort of childishness starts, I'm outta here. Don't gots the time nor patience for that nonsense.

Note that no one on the staff has proposed bringing it back.

I will say that when neg rep was used in the way it was used on me, NOT in a personal issues fight, but because people didn't like me making constant mistakes, I learned, and it has made me a better forum member. I would be 100% supportive if negative rep came back, and it was moderated to only be civil, supportive criticism.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad