Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yes-- Potter is a go, then Luigi's and Creature are both on tap, but the order could change. Universal is very agile in rearranging schedules and timelines and things are always subject to change right up to ground breaking. Super Nintendo World was a go for USF until two weeks before Kid Zone was originally slated to close, TMs were set to be relocated to other attractions, then the decision was made to move it to Epic and it remained open for another few years. Similar things happened with Twister/Fallon and Disaster/F&F wiht dates being given then pushed or rearranged.

Right now their pipeline is HUGE with the F&F Coaster, Pokemon (Lost Continent replacement), and Potter, Luigi's, and Creature all on tap for the next few years. With Disney becoming more agressive (finally!) it's meant they feel the need to be more agressive as well.
Yes-- Potter is a go, then Luigi's and Creature are both on tap, but the order could change. Universal is very agile in rearranging schedules and timelines and things are always subject to change right up to ground breaking. Super Nintendo World was a go for USF until two weeks before Kid Zone was originally slated to close, TMs were set to be relocated to other attractions, then the decision was made to move it to Epic and it remained open for another few years. Similar things happened with Twister/Fallon and Disaster/F&F wiht dates being given then pushed or rearranged.

Right now their pipeline is HUGE with the F&F Coaster, Pokemon (Lost Continent replacement), and Potter, Luigi's, and Creature all on tap for the next few years. With Disney becoming more agressive (finally!) it's meant they feel the need to be more agressive as well.


If you ask me, after that.

I’d want a HTTYD Simulator ride (something like Ride of Passage)

A Donkey Kong Log Flume ride.

And then those two new gates with Legend of Zelda & Wicked
 
  • Like
Reactions: tursiops
Yes-- Potter is a go, then Luigi's and Creature are both on tap, but the order could change. Universal is very agile in rearranging schedules and timelines and things are always subject to change right up to ground breaking. Super Nintendo World was a go for USF until two weeks before Kid Zone was originally slated to close, TMs were set to be relocated to other attractions, then the decision was made to move it to Epic and it remained open for another few years. Similar things happened with Twister/Fallon and Disaster/F&F wiht dates being given then pushed or rearranged.

Right now their pipeline is HUGE with the F&F Coaster, Pokemon (Lost Continent replacement), and Potter, Luigi's, and Creature all on tap for the next few years. With Disney becoming more agressive (finally!) it's meant they feel the need to be more agressive as well.
The two best things Uni has done was the agility, but also the speed at which they have moved on attractions. IMO it’s put immense pressure on Disney and I don’t think they’ve been able to respond at all. So right now that allows Uni to capitalize on expanding on concepts that work, hot IP’s, and keep ideas fresh. I got my own theories/things I’ve heard politically as to why that’s happening, but not getting into that here.
 
Someone also mentioned to me that nightly fireworks show that they mentioned before opening the park, might become a reality soon.
 
I don't think it's wise to go with Luigi's Mansion as an expansion for SNW, adding another ride for an already-busy land and eating into expansion space for a portal between SNW and DU. But that's my two cents. If anything, they could always add more Power-Up Band interactive elements, or indoor M&G space, etc to SNW to add to it.

I'd rather see another portal/land go in next door (Zelda between SNW and DU), or continuing to add attractions to flesh-out DU or Potter, or even Celestial Park itself. This would spread crowds out around the park, which feels a little underbaked in the back half. If the goal is "add quick capacity," I'd rather them prioritize building up anemic areas of the park rather than adding to already busy ones. For example, I'd love to see a themed Wave Swinger added across from Stardust Racers (with a 90-min queue space that could add 1,800 people to the park capacity with a low cost for labor/ops).

(Side note: If they do want more Mario-and-co themed rides, can I suggest expanding the USH version first? They only have Mario Kart and a second ride there would have a larger impact for the park as a whole, IMO).

Someone also mentioned to me that nightly fireworks show that they mentioned before opening the park, might become a reality soon.

See also: https://blogmickey.com/2026/03/universal-epic-universe-seeking-fireworks-technicians/
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: wasteman
Yes-- Potter is a go, then Luigi's and Creature are both on tap, but the order could change. Universal is very agile in rearranging schedules and timelines and things are always subject to change right up to ground breaking. Super Nintendo World was a go for USF until two weeks before Kid Zone was originally slated to close, TMs were set to be relocated to other attractions, then the decision was made to move it to Epic and it remained open for another few years. Similar things happened with Twister/Fallon and Disaster/F&F wiht dates being given then pushed or rearranged.

Right now their pipeline is HUGE with the F&F Coaster, Pokemon (Lost Continent replacement), and Potter, Luigi's, and Creature all on tap for the next few years. With Disney becoming more agressive (finally!) it's meant they feel the need to be more agressive as well.
When both are "agressive" it works out best for US. Throw in Sea Workd as well. Keep building.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source


I am racking my brain to figure out what exactly is being planned here. Maybe I am reading David’s (Fresh Baked) comments wrong and that’s a maintenance area so they can expand in the park. But now Bioreconstruct mentions the land has a canal to Epic.

Could he be another hotel? I doubt a park land that far away from main property, and thinking that makes my mind think, new Water Park. And with a new water park they can use Volcano Bay land for something.

I am stumped.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source


I am racking my brain to figure out what exactly is being planned here. Maybe I am reading David’s (Fresh Baked) comments wrong and that’s a maintenance area so they can expand in the park. But now Bioreconstruct mentions the land has a canal to Epic.

Could he be another hotel? I doubt a park land that far away from main property, and thinking that makes my mind think, new Water Park. And with a new water park they can use Volcano Bay land for something.

I am stumped.

I’m not sure which of these options will end up happening (my gut says hotel) but I am completely confident it is not a water park. Volcano bay is still pretty new and has no major issues that would even suggest a replacement. Theres also no benefit to freeing up that land - you can’t fit a full size theme park there, and why waste all that money demolishing it and building a new water park here if it were anything else?

That’s just not happening
 
Volcano bay is still pretty new and has no major issues that would even suggest a replacement.
The whole TapuTapu infrastructure and concept went OOB (Uni tried to buy it and failed) and ruined the logistics for how the park was designed. So while new-ish they need to to re-start and make a new water park or have a second water park to ease the cluster its becoming because the Tapu concept is gone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sotomexx
No matter what it is, it can be assumed Universal has a TON of room to work with and essentially is playing with house money in regards to land.
 
I still find it hilarious Universal says it’s just “routine maintenance.” Like, clearly not.
This is the same company that literally said Veloci was “the world’s largest churro stand”. I’m not shocked
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source


I am racking my brain to figure out what exactly is being planned here. Maybe I am reading David’s (Fresh Baked) comments wrong and that’s a maintenance area so they can expand in the park. But now Bioreconstruct mentions the land has a canal to Epic.

Could he be another hotel? I doubt a park land that far away from main property, and thinking that makes my mind think, new Water Park. And with a new water park they can use Volcano Bay land for something.

I am stumped.

I think the (at least short term) it will be a "laydown yard" for storing construction materials and equipment. They used to use the Cabana Bay/Voclano Bay plots for that, then the Epic plot. With the number of projects happening all at once, they'll need that space (for now) and eventually it turns into more hotel space/CityWalk style district. The fact that it's happening simultaneously with the redevelopment of Lost Continent I think are tied together-- it's the storage area for that project (Pokemon).
 
Last edited:
I’m not sure which of these options will end up happening (my gut says hotel) but I am completely confident it is not a water park. Volcano bay is still pretty new and has no major issues that would even suggest a replacement. Theres also no benefit to freeing up that land - you can’t fit a full size theme park there, and why waste all that money demolishing it and building a new water park here if it were anything else?
Volcano Bay does get packed during peak season. If they build another waterpark and add an integrated hotel/resort, that could certainly work. They have learned some lessons from VB and Epic, and maybe that could lead to a better experience overall?

They also seem primed to continue building on-site resort hotels, and extra waterpark capacity could help sell ticket packages and push an additional day of stay for some people looking to stay the full week. If they take the Disney route and throw in free waterpark access as a promotion for on-site guests, this could also work and have them stay competitive (although I’m not sure if the math works out on that even for Disney, as that seems to come from a place of desperation).

VB is closing for a full refurb from October to March of next year, and maybe there’s a world where they have two waterparks that alternate during Winter, like Disney has done? Won’t make it in time for this year but maybe 2-3 years down the road it aligns. Surely there are worse ideas for spending that amount of money.

Some people seem to be dead-set on UOR adding another theme park next (in Epic’s parking lot), but I’m not sure how sustainable that is at this point… if they want to push length of stay to an extra day or two, another waterpark is one way to do that without the costs of a whole extra theme park.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: tursiops
I doubt Universal would want to cannibalize HHN sales, it's a huge money maker for them and having a comparable option nearby all year round seems like killing the golden goose.
*looks at universal horror unleashed attraction which is in Nevada next to California*
 
Speaking of second city walk Alicia Stella just posted this weekend some convention is going to allow their attendees access to Celestial Park for Shopping and Dining which also lines up with the rumor that Celestial Park hub was meant to be City Walk 2, and then you use your park ticket to get into gated portal areas.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source
 
  • Angry
Reactions: TheCoasterNerd
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad