Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Uh oh.

The 2017 Special Events page has been updated on Kings Dominion's website, and Spring Bloom Festival isn't on the list. It's possible the event could be added to the page later (perhaps some details are still being worked out), but that's not a very good sign.

We know Chef Paul, who played a huge role in the event for the past two years, has left and hasn't been replaced yet. But Spring Bloom is/was a fantastic event, and if it is gone (especially without a replacement), that's a major bummer and massive hit to the park's lineup.

RE: Spring Bloom Festival 2017?

The massive scale of the new things they're adding this year has to be paid for somehow. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they can afford to put on Haunt.

I am hoping they are still in the planning stages for the park events. Except opening weekend/preview night the list lacks any events that are truly park organized. The listed events they have are pretty simple- it just requires them to put it on the calendar and set up a table (I may be completely incorrect in my assumption though).

Reactions: jornor

Looks like the Spring Bloom replacement to me! Very curious to see who they have in charge of this event with Chef Paul gone...

Reactions: Nicole

I've always felt that the added decoration and flowers should be there regardless of a special event or not. They make the park very nice in the springtime and should always be there.

Reactions: Mushroom

Taste of VA? Curious as to if a Franklin County shine stand finds its way into the lineup;)

Jokes aside this seems like a very cool event. Read some rave reviews for Taste of the Carolinas, hopefully this delivers just as well.

Official description and dates have been released:
Kings Dominion said:
2017%20Taste%20of%20Virginia.jpg

05/06/17, 05/07/17, 05/13/17, 05/14/17, 05/20/17, 05/21/17

Virginia is for Lovers! Whether you love food, wine, beer, or coasters…Kings Dominion’s brand new event, Taste of Virginia, is sure to delight. North, south, east and west…we are taking you on a culinary journey through the commonwealth. Check back for more details.

Given how quick they ran out of beer the last culinary event they had, I'll be surprised if they can manage those dates.

During the season pass preview night, the speaker mentioned this event and said that they were arranging to have a guest from a famous distillery in VA and would announce in coming weeks - I figured it was Tim from Moonshiners and it is, he will be at KD on May 13th.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/play/events/taste-of-virginia

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad