Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I do think that BGW still could be the most beautiful theme park. Kings Dominion reminds me too much of a Six Flags with their wide midways and mostly incohesive themeing. It seems that for whatever reason, BGW has always trumped the Disney Parks in beauty in the eyes of the judges. I saw LegoLand mentioned (which I've never been) but perhaps that is not chosen because its beauty comes more from a niche art style rather than a generic park theming framework.

Reactions: ludmarco
LEGOLAND Florida contains an actual botanical garden. It also has Mini-Land, which is charming. Perhaps most importantly, however, it is built on Cypress Gardens. So, it includes a waterfront and lake, shaded walkways, greenery, etc. It is incredibly well-themed, of course, but it is also independently lovely.

That said, I’m on Team Gilroy Gardens.

I could see Drachen Spire causing BGW to lose the Most Beautiful award if they're not careful, between the ride being so expensive they probably won't have enough left to make it look nice, and causing people to pass by the backside of Verbolten's warehouse.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
They were planning to make it look plenty good.

I'd be far more concerned about Tempesto and Pantheon—but ultimately I don't believe the award is actually dependent upon anything the park does or doesn't do so...
I actually really like what Tempesto adds to Festa Italia. probably just because it’s my favorite color, but I think it adds a well-needed splash of turquoise.

Reactions: Nibbins
I'd be far more concerned about Tempesto and Pantheon—but ultimately I don't believe the award is actually dependent upon anything the park does or doesn't do so...

Whenever Tempesto is due for a repaint, if they paint the ride with colors that are more complimentary of Apollo's color scheme and remove that stupid "banner" from the righthand side of the structure, I'm convinced it will look a lot better.

It isn't worth keeping, regardless of the color scheme.

I think it’s an enjoyable ride. It’s not the “primary reason“ I would visit the park in and of itself, but neither is Finnegan’s Flyer. But the variety of ride experience is a reason I love Busch Gardens & I think Tempesto’s multiple launches & slow roll at the top make it look daring to ride for some, and the theming works perfectly with that.

I think BGW wanted to make sure Tempesto wasn’t too similar to Apollo. I mean, I certainly think it’s far from awesome, but it’s different from all the other coasters in the park, and I like that about it. Is it good? Eh. Could it have been better? Definitely. But is it at least not a repeat? I think so.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad