Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
Pretty big news in the amusement industry right now...

Thoughts? I’m honestly not a fan. I’ve never been to a Six Flags park, but I haven’t heard good things.

Last edited:
If it happens it could keep SEAS from being a target, but if it doesn't would Six Flags go after SEAS instead? More consolidation would probably put more pressure on SEAS to combine with somebody.

I don't know that it would create more pressure. Personally I think that haven't Fewer parks is a benefit to SEAS as they can better focus their resources.

If anything we will probably see Six Flags cut significant investments into the parks and slow down their rate of investment in an effort to make back the money that they spent too acquire Cedar Fair if this sale goes through.

As far as I am aware this is a misreport, and SF only expressed interest in buying some parks from CF instead of the whole kit.

The sheer fact that CF reportedly expressed interest means to me CF was accepting a smaller deal, maybe for their low tier parks?

SEAS also isn't out of the woods either, as SF and other groups are still putting bids on the Busch parks every once in a while, but SEAS won't take anything below the parks values which is reportedly in the neighborhood of $1 billion.

CF is all about pleasing the shareholders now, though. And being bought out by SF I guess would do that. Actually I'm not sure how that all works.

As far as I am aware this is a misreport, and SF only expressed interest in buying some parks from CF instead of the whole kit.

I hope this is true.... but at the same time, I hope KD isn’t in that lower tier.

I just got used to having Peanuts characters... while Looney Toons seems cool, I don’t need more change in my life right now! ?

I hope this is true.... but at the same time, I hope KD isn’t in that lower tier.

I just got used to having Peanuts characters... while Looney Toons seems cool, I don’t need more change in my life right now! ?

This is the worst thing about such a buyout. We'd get even more DC comics themed rides. Ugh. Also Intimidator 305 will be renamed, Intimidator 305 Coaster.

I have an idea! Dominator can be rethemed as a DC coaster and they can name it Batman: Knight Flight!

Oh wait...
That may be the only bright side of Six Flags acquiring Cedar Fair (also, Dorney's Possessed could become Superman: Ultimate Escape again). That, and maybe the all-park pass will be more reasonably priced (even if they don't extend it to all of the levels of the pass).

I'm especially worried for Knott's.

I found the actual article that started this whole mess. I have edited the original post with it, too!

Reuters uses the language “merger” instead of “acquisition”. Is there really a difference?

Last edited:
"Merger" goes a long way to salving bruised egos during an acquisition.

See Daimler's "merger of equals" with Chrysler.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad