Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Man, apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to Runaway Mine Train. Maybe it was running loose when I was there, but for me that thing was ROUGH. I got out of the train feeling like I got punched in the kidney.

OK, so maybe it doesn't need to be scrapped, but it's definitely in need of some TLC.

I wouldn't want to see RMT scrapped, particularly because it reflects some of the old school aesthetic of the park as it was in the 1970s. (Rolling Thunder's station walk-up had a similar but less grandiose feel, cozy and 70s-scale.)

But as a taller person, I find riding RMT to be pretty dreadful. Cramped and janky. As a kid I'd probably still love it to this day.

Adding this here since Theme Park Predictions is saying that the Northern Star Arena may be demolished and there are rumblings of a new coaster north of $15 million.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Now I don’t work at the park but I have multiple friends in ride ops, maintenance and park higherups but with the 2 coaster rumors for 2024, both involve the demolition of the northern star arena and that’s still standing. Originally a giga was in the cards but it’s on hold

For now…

Now I don’t work at the park but I have multiple friends in ride ops, maintenance and park higherups but with the 2 coaster rumors for 2024, both involve the demolition of the northern star arena and that’s still standing. Originally a giga was in the cards but it’s on hold

For now…
What do you mean, For now? 👀👀👀👀

Man, apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to Runaway Mine Train. Maybe it was running loose when I was there, but for me that thing was ROUGH. I got out of the train feeling like I got punched in the kidney.

OK, so maybe it doesn't need to be scrapped, but it's definitely in need of some TLC.

2 reason RMT should stay at the park forever...

1. It's the park's first coaster and is still standing.

2. It's wig-snatching abilities is unmatched, especially for a family ride! 😛

2 reason RMT should stay at the park forever...

1. It's the park's first coaster and is still standing.

2. It's wig-snatching abilities is unmatched, especially for a family ride! 😛

Rmt has a MEAN STREAK that thing has the most violent airtime in the park, and I’d argue the 2 mini magnum death hills have stronger ejector than el toro

Yeah I said it, plus I ain’t a huge toro fan and I think nitro is the best in the park 🤣

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad