Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
David said:
If you combined all the users on this forums self worth, you wouldn't even take a chunk out of $250mil (half the shares).

I thought I was priceless :shocked:

EDIT: or so my mom said so :p

Bloomberg said:
Blackstone Group LP (BX), the buyout firm taking SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. public today, is valuing the theme-park operator more expensively than its peers after refusing takeover offers for the company.

The initial public offering is seeking as much as $702 million, regulatory filings show. The midpoint of the price range values Orlando-based SeaWorld’s common stock at about $2.4 billion, or 21 times last year’s free cash flow, or operating cash flow minus capital expenditures, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That’s at least 64 percent more than rivals Six Flags Entertainment Corp. and Cedar Fair LP.

Full Story

Reactions: Zachary
SeaWorld and Blackstone are offering the shares for $24 to $27 each. SeaWorld plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SEAS, and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. are leading the sale.

Blackstone today boosted the amount of shares it’s selling in the IPO to 16 million from 10 million, bringing the total on offer to 26 million.

This part here though:
Much of SeaWorld’s capital spending went toward future attractions and animal-safety measures, according to the regulatory filing. The company described those costs as “elevated” for 2011 and 2012, and plans to reduce its level of expenditures to an average of about 10 percent of total revenue starting in 2014, excluding safety and infrastructure investments.

It sounds like they're going to slow down spending on new attractions. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

The chain announced a few months back that 2014-2015 would be the "magic" years for the chain since it's Sea World's 50th anniversary. You'll probably see the 3 SW parks getting big stuff in 2014 and Busch parks get big stuff in 2015.

According to @cnnmoney:

March of the penguins...at the NYSE. SeaWorld went public and its stock surged 15% in its debut. #SeaWorld cnnmon.ie/XV70QI

Wall Street welcomed Shamu with open arms Friday.
Shares of the beloved killer whale's parent company SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS) surged nearly 15% on their debut on the New York Stock Exchange, where penguins, an otter and a lemur walked through the trading floor.

Backed by private equity firm Blackstone Group (BX), the amusement park giant raised $702 million by offering 26 million shares at $27 a piece, the top of its expected range. At that price, SeaWorld's market value comes in at about $2.5 billion. Blackstone bought SeaWorld from brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD)in 2009.
The company, which operates a total of 11 theme parks including three SeaWorld locations as well as Busch Gardens, said it will pay shareholders a dividend of $0.80 a year, for a dividend yield of about 3%. Though dividends aren't typically associated with the IPO market, a growing number of newly public companies are making quarterly payouts.
Related: The IPO market's hottest craze: Dividends
Under Blackstone's ownership since late 2009, SeaWorld has increased its revenue and profits. In 2012, the company posted a 7% jump in revenue to $1.4 billion and a more than quadrupled its profit to $77.5 billion compared to the prior year.
Rival theme parks Six Flags (SIX) and Cedar Fair (FUN) were also higher in early trading Friday. And both have had strong runs so far in 2013, with Six Flags shares up more almost 20% and Cedar Fair's stock up almost 25%.

started at $27 a share for ~26M shares, as of 2:50 it has risen 25% to $33.75. man I wish I had some money to invest. (I don't think my fiancee would have been cool with me using the wedding fund on this)

I find it amusing PETA wants to step in and "educate shareholders" and I will be the first to say, unless they are educating shareholders on how much money they are making no one is going to care, nor will they put up with their crap. I bet they sell all theirs stocks off after a few quarters, unless they want to make some money, then they might stick around for that :p

and that's my thoughts on that one (pours another drink)

Reactions: netdvn and Zachary
PETA supports animal rights terrorists...That's happened several times over the years.

On a different topic. SeaWorld's IPO kind of scares me, because it puts parks like BGW back into the public's hands where bean counters rule. Kind of what happened to Kings Dominion when Paramount owned them.

I sware sometimes I agree with organizations who want to help animals, But if they take the Orca's out of SeaWorld then you might as well take SeaWorld out all together. This is ridiculous, no Orca is enslaved at SeaWorld they get taken care of very well Orca's in the real ocean would die to be treated like they do. And if they are daring to do this, then they probably will take out all the animals in SWPE. What is happening to my dear beloved park I cant take it any more I'm gonna pull my hair out if they remove the animals, it just won't be the same. I may be over-reacting a little, but I think this is not even close to what some people are thining right now.
EDIT: I forgot to say that this will probably never happen. ***Knocks on wood***

Reactions: Brandon
IndyRacingNut said:
PETA supports animal rights terrorists...That's happened several times over the years.

On a different topic. SeaWorld's IPO kind of scares me, because it puts parks like BGW back into the public's hands where bean counters rule. Kind of what happened to Kings Dominion when Paramount owned them.
KD has gotten surprisingly better lately. It seems to be going in the right direction. I think Blackstone also proved dumping money into the parks is the best way to turn around and make record profits. So the idea with this IPO is to take the money and turn around and re-invest it into the parks. Yes, profits are the bottom line but they still have to follow a proper strategy to get there.

And orca's are never leaving seaworld, along with any other animal for that matter. SEAS does tons for wildlife conservation and shareholders could careless about whats driving their profits.

netdvn said:
The chain announced a few months back that 2014-2015 would be the "magic" years for the chain since it's Sea World's 50th anniversary. You'll probably see the 3 SW parks getting big stuff in 2014 and Busch parks get big stuff in 2015.
Actually BGT opened in 1959 so they might get something big next year since it will be their 55th anniversary. Then we will get something in 2015 since it will be our 40th. Maybe that is why Cheetah Hunt opened in 2011 so there would be the same amount of time between each big addition.

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
netdvn said:
Actually BGT opened in 1959 so they might get something big next year since it will be their 55th anniversary. Then we will get something in 2015 since it will be our 40th. Maybe that is why Cheetah Hunt opened in 2011 so there would be the same amount of time between each big addition.
They are talking about the chain.

Evan said:
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/348462

Must read.

UGH!

I fucking HATE PETA!

I was happy when their headquarters got bombed with dead crab and fish carcasses a couple years ago.

They have an agenda by purchasing stock in the company but I wouldn't worry too much about them. They don't have majority ownership and the ones that do would laugh in their faces if they tried pushing the company to release any of the animals into the wild.

On a happier note....

557962_10152137779967565_1418148148_n.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-12068-1366399037-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-29023-1366400734-7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-16326-1366399050-13.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-27846-1366400596-5.jpg

547230_10152137779992565_1464757703_n.jpg

305708_10152137780167565_496209052_n.jpg

^^ $20 says those are the same penguins used for BGW's Christmas Town. As a side note, I was told the BGW CT penguins have more frequent flyer miles than most people, and that is saying a lot for flightless birds :p

Anyways, I really am hating PETA right now. Talk about extremists terrorizing people :p PETA does nothing but bug the heck out of people. Also, those who actually have the major amount of shares are there to see profit and profit only, not have save the orcas as their top priority. PETA is more like a paper cut through this whole ordeal. They will go away eventually.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad