Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This could be a stretch - but at a decade plus long close follower of SWO this strikes me as unusual....

Recently the park's two Beluga Whales (Nunavik and Oliver) were transferred away from SWO - Nunavik to Georgia Aquarium and Oliver to San Diego. Now, transferring Belugas in and of itself is not unusual and happens every few years to maintain cohesive social groups but these transfers typically happen in coordination across the country with SWO, SWSD, SWSA, Georgia, and Shedd all participating at the same time. The difference this time as that the SWO Belugas appear to be the only ones on the move (away from the park) - and to my knowledge no Belugas have been moved into SWO to replace them. This is unusual and I have not seen it happen ever before. Could this suggest something's about to happen at Wild Arctic that would require the Beluga habitat to be vacant? Maybe, maybe not, but it felt worth noting as the area is a prime candidate for a 2025 addition.

Yeah, I really hope the belugas are only being moved temporarily. They're probably my favorite animals in the entire park. I could see moving them ahead of any sort of heavy construction nearby though. I assume the vibration alone would be very disruptive for them.
I agree. I am fine with moving them for their comfort and safety during construction, i just really hope they return after and that the amazing habitat is the same. Echoing your point, I love the beluga. So many places have dolphins, but not many have beluga!

This could be a stretch - but at a decade plus long close follower of SWO this strikes me as unusual....

Recently the park's two Beluga Whales (Nunavik and Oliver) were transferred away from SWO - Nunavik to Georgia Aquarium and Oliver to San Diego. Now, transferring Belugas in and of itself is not unusual and happens every few years to maintain cohesive social groups but these transfers typically happen in coordination across the country with SWO, SWSD, SWSA, Georgia, and Shedd all participating at the same time. The difference this time as that the SWO Belugas appear to be the only ones on the move (away from the park) - and to my knowledge no Belugas have been moved into SWO to replace them. This is unusual and I have not seen it happen ever before. Could this suggest something's about to happen at Wild Arctic that would require the Beluga habitat to be vacant? Maybe, maybe not, but it felt worth noting as the area is a prime candidate for a 2025 addition.
NOOOO my favorite animals at SWO have always been the Belugas. I am excited for the developments happening in the wild artic area but some things are irreplaceable. I really hope its a flying theatre and not a coaster taking this area. We have too many coasters and there is nothing to do if it storms with thunder and lightning.

If SWO does decide to go with a flying theater, the story line for the attraction could be similar to Hypersphere 360, which has riders travel the ocean and check up on animals in need. They could have Mousetrappe Media design the ride film and pre-show experience, since they did the media for Hypersphere 360.
I really wish they put a Hypersphere, the other one is so cool. I wish it has a great pre show and visuals like abu dhabi but idek if its possible. Any chances or leaks it could be?

Reactions: Akbar97
Over on Zoochat some users (with infinitely more zoological industry knowledge than me) are claiming that the park have plans to demolish the wall separating the Walrus habitat and the old Polar Bear/Harbor Seal habitat - doubling the available Walrus space.

Nothing concrete but again suggestive of upcoming major works to Wild Arctic.

What are the most probable additions? Not what we want, but what the park will actually do?

I wonder if there even is a notable SWO Project 2025 at this point. If SWO is going to miss that Spring debut window for Penguin Trek, I wonder if they're just going to try to continue to capitalize on it through next year too. I feel like if something major was on the horizon for 2025, we'd have evidence by now. If not now though, definitely soon. The window is closin'

Perhaps there will end up being renovations to Wild Arctic without adding a ride, yet. We'll likely get a better idea over the coming weeks.

Some flat rides around that area (a la Aeronautica Landing at Carowinds) could also be a time-compressed and relatively cheaper option.

I wonder if there even is a notable SWO Project 2025 at this point. If SWO is going to miss that Spring debut window for Penguin Trek, I wonder if they're just going to try to continue to capitalize on it through next year too. I feel like if something major was on the horizon for 2025, we'd have evidence by now. If not now though, definitely soon. The window is closin'

I'm under the impression that groundbreaking will begin soon, they're literally just waiting to find a temporary home for a blind walrus....

That NoC is for a permit filed earlier in March named "BT - Foundation Modification". There's not really any specific information other than the project involves the interior alteration and structural modification of some building on their property. Given the contractor and the rumors that Wild Arctic is the location of Project 2025, this could totally be early work for that - but it's really just anyone's guess at this point!

Attachments

• SWOPermit.png
    SWOPermit.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That NoC is for a permit filed earlier in March named "BT - Foundation Modification". There's not really any specific information other than the project involves the interior alteration and structural modification of some building on their property. Given the contractor and the rumors that Wild Arctic is the location of Project 2025, this could totally be early work for that - but it's really just anyone's guess at this point!
So, apparently, an area of Wild Artic has been blocked off with a no-trespassing sign. Below the warning is the same contractor on this permit, Balfour Beatty Construction. Could things start to be ramping up soon?

So, apparently, an area of Wild Artic has been blocked off with a no-trespassing sign. Below the warning is the same contractor on this permit, Balfour Beatty Construction. Could things start to be ramping up soon?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

@seaworldh on X

Attachments

• SuperTopSecretWildArcticRevamp.jpg
    SuperTopSecretWildArcticRevamp.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad