Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
One of the things that that CF has zeroed in on for 2022 is food & beverage across the whole park chain. Management has brought that up for the last 2-3 quarterly calls.

I know that several parks have gotten new restaurants and/or enhanced menu items over the last 3-4 years. But, CF wants to take F&B up a couple more notches in 2022. If KD can can get the new concept restaurant, in the former Outer Hank's location, on par with Grain & Grill, we are talking some serious food offerings this year.

Plus, there was many menu enhancements/changes in several of the other major food locations in 2021. I have a feeling that will continue this year. My bet is on Victoria's pizza in CAG. I would love to see 2-3 pasta dishes offered in addition to just pizza, breadsticks, and salads. That location has the biggest kitchen area and one of the largest indoor dining areas in the park. That location has the most flexibility to try new ideas.
It wasnt just Grain and Grill, food quality was up across the park, though portion sizes were down. I noticed last year that pizzas, burritos, and sandwiches had noticeably better ingrediants and flavor profiles just about everywhere. One of the best things I tried during Winterfest was the dumplings from their food truck and it was absolutely succulent - really good technique to get that doneness.

Reactions: Coasternerd
It wasnt just Grain and Grill, food quality was up across the park, though portion sizes were down. I noticed last year that pizzas, burritos, and sandwiches had noticeably better ingrediants and flavor profiles just about everywhere. One of the best things I tried during Winterfest was the dumplings from their food truck and it was absolutely succulent - really good technique to get that doneness.
I guess you did not see my first sentence of my third paragraph. :cool:

As for portion sizes, the only complaint I had is that KD did not offer a second side item as part of the meal. Places like Country Kitchen, Grain & Grill, etc.

Not sure if that was a cost balancing act by bringing in higher quality ingredients and food prep/cooking methods for higher quality food products; therefore, only offering one side item per meal.

I think the park could have broken the side items down into 2 groups. A higher level group where the ingredients are more expensive and/or prep-cook methods are more labor intensive and/or time-consuming.

Then have a second side item group where the ingredients are cheaper and/or the prep-cook methods are less labor intensive and/or time consuming. Allow park visitors to pick one side item from group 1 and one item from group 2. If they want both side items from group 1, then there is a surcharge regardless if they have a day or seasonal meal plan.

Last edited:
Tbh, only time I ate at the park in the last year was Grain and Grill using the free passholder money.

I didn't have any problems with their portion size, and it was delicious - my major concerns were getting swarmed by yellow jackets while trying to eat, and that it wasn't clear that beer couldn't be purchased with the passholder money.

Grain & Grill does come with two slices of grilled naan bread plus any of their house-made sauces (hummus, tzatziki, and olive tapenade) in addition to the one side included with each entree. You can add another side for $3.

With season dining plans in existence, there are going to be smaller portions IMO.

I found that some is the food at KD lesser in quality in 2021. Maybe it was what I got. The pizza crust seemed to be frozen instead of the fresher crust of the past. Country Kitchen was definitely a downgrade. No more biscuits. No more pot roast.

Grain & Grill was a big improvement over what was previously there. Which was absolutely the worst Chinese possible.

Last edited:
The return of a BBQ plate to CK was definitely a step in the right direction, although I miss the 2nd side. Muffin needs to be HOT, like the ones at Cedar Point.
I liked Panda a lot, G&G is still a nice change and healthier.

I had pizza at the park first time in years, this was at Victoria's and better than the old huge slices. Somewhere in the middle range of Int'l Street's -- but that was a range of sublime to mush. I don't think this crust has the same potential though.

As we see with park attractions and entertainment, we will continuously see an evolution in food offerings. And having all of the choices we have today is awesome, as it was pretty much burgers and hot dogs when I was a kid. But as long as wait times to get food continue to exceed 30 minutes, I will keep planning my meals for before and after going to the park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad