Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Gavin

root@parkfans.net:/# rm -r *▌
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
gavinmcnabb.com
SeaWorld has announced it's plans for the next 2 years today.

Quick Facts from About.com

TurtleTrek Quick Facts
Type of attraction: 3-D film and marine life exhibit
Planned opening: Some time in 2012

Freshwater Oasis Quick Facts
Type of attraction: Interactive animal adventure
Planned opening: Spring 2012

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin Quick Facts
Type of attraction: Ride-through animal exhibit
Planned opening: Spring 2013

About.com Write Up
SeaWorld Press Release

Thoughts? This sounds like a sizable investment, even though it's not a coaster.

Reactions: Shane
BG Europe Fan said:
Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin Quick Facts
Type of attraction: Ride-through animal exhibit
Planned opening: Spring 2013

This part sounds really interesting...

didn't I start a post about this yesterday? Weird that it is gone...

anyways, the 3d theater is unique in that it is also a domed 3d screen. Think Simpson's ride/http style screen but in 3d. I've seen that type of 3d screen used in simulation training at odu in their CAVE. It's pretty impressive 3d.

its nice that they're going to have a decent size turtle and manatee exhibit. I'm curious how they plan to have people interacting with marmosets and otters at discovery cove.

And the Antarctica ride/exhibit sounds like they have some large plans for it.

Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin combines closer-then-ever animal connections with state-of-the-art interactive ride technologies for adventures that are different each time.

The idea of a ride through animal exhibit sounds cool, but there are a lot of people who just like to stand and gawk at the animals for a while.

I saw two of them, one had info, neither had replies, I took the one out that was not with info.

studiopzp said:
The idea of a ride through animal exhibit sounds cool, but there are a lot of people who just like to stand and gawk at the animals for a while.

I expect the attraction to have opportunities to see the animals on foot as well as from the ride. The artist's rendering that they released shows many people standing around in an artificial antarctic area looking at the penguins. It looked like a more elaborate version of where you see the beluga whales in Wild Arctic (indoors but made to look like it's outdoors).

new turtle trek video put up. Also that sea turtle movie they made was available at bgw during CT, and it looks like it is on Netflix now.

http://www.insideseaworld.com/seaworld-orlandos-turtletrek-webisode-no-1-overview-1?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=turtletrek_webisode_1_1_20

Reactions: mc14
I am interested in getting the movie. By the way, wouldn't it be really cool if BGW was able to practically have the Antarctica attraction for CT? Despite it would be impossible, still it would be pretty neat.

Turtle Trek is open today.

http://www.insideseaworld.com/turtletrek-now-open-seaworld-orlando?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_term=SWo&utm_campaign=TTopen_4_27

Also, you can check out the movie "Turtle: The Incredible Journey" on Netflix watch instantly.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad