Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Rumor - SEAS Parks Broken Up and Sold Off

Pretzel Kaiser said:
Let's please stop the religion talk, it really can turn sour very quickly.

Sorry, I deleted that last comment.

MrLaptop said:
Toughy. I'm Christian myself (I have kept quiet on that so pls don't judge) and I think Howl-O-Scream could still go. Sure Halloween is a pagan holiday, but it's lost all its meaning except for in pagan communities, so in reality it's innocent. My biggest concern in that regard would be what they'd do instead of demons and so forth in the park. It'd probably be more bland then the current howl-o-scream, unless they leave it up to the people currently in charge of the event. But we probably wouldn't want Scott back, unless he is restrained entirely to inside the theaters and special events.

As far as the alcohol, I really have no clue. Maybe, like I said, they'd let it be in someone else's charge. Other than that, I don't know.
I didn't mean that as a jab at Christianity. It was meant to point out that Herscend does not have Halloween Events, they prefer the Harvest Themed Family events.

David said:
I really don't think BGW would be sold off to another entity. Uni has wanted to be in VA for awhile now, along with Disney, Six Flags, etc etc... I just don't see them selling off a property that is known to be highly desired by all the major players in the market.

Universal and Six Flags apparently looked at the old Pottery site years ago before the economy tanked so those two have definitely had their eye on this market before. That said, I want Six Flags to stay away, but I'd welcome Universal here!

Unagi said:
Universal and Six Flags apparently looked at the old Pottery site years ago before the economy tanked so those two have definitely had their eye on this market before.  That said, I want Six Flags to stay away, but I'd welcome Universal here!

Yeah I know they did, that's why I mentioned it :p And of course we all know of the Disney's America that never was...

I agree as well. I'd love for Uni to make some big moves in Williamsburg. My dream was to one day still have BGW, but gain a Uni park at the Pottery, and six Flags could probably find some land between Richmond and Williamsburg.

Speaking of the pottery.... I know they recently "revamped" it, but hasn't it been a major flop?

I think if Uni did buy us, Platinum passes would be phased out or an astronomical price..

I'll pay more, if it gets me into USO and IOA. I go there as much as I can, anyway.

Reactions: David

Matthew said:
I think if Uni did buy us, Platinum passes would be phased out or an astronomical price..

Why exactly do you automatically assume that? The reason they charge a lot for the FL parks is because they can... The Va market is much different (for now at least). I'm pretty sure they realize they wouldn't be able to come in and double prices overnight. They have proven they know how to run parks...

Reactions: morte615 and Unagi

David said:
Speaking of the pottery.... I know they recently "revamped" it, but hasn't it been a major flop?

It hasn't been doing too well.  I think the expansion of the Premium Outlets and addition of New Town and other new businesses are giving locals and tourists more options.  Plus, there isn't really anything interesting to draw people there.

David said:
I agree as well. I'd love for Uni to make some big moves in Williamsburg. My dream was to one day still have BGW, but gain a Uni park at the Pottery, and six Flags could probably find some land between Richmond and Williamsburg.

Six Flags: Colonial Williamsburg

And yeah, the pottery has not done well. It is really only the Pottery in name and most of the tourists who used to visit it for years have stopped because they realize how different it is now (and not in a good way).

As a VB/NOVA resident, I have to say that I never could figure out why I would want to go to the Pottery.  I like the Premium Outlets and Merchants Square.  That is about it for Williamsburg-based shopping for me, however.

Reactions: Alf33 and David

Nicole said:
As a VB/NOVA resident, I have to say that I never could figure out why I would want to go to the Pottery.  I like the Premium Outlets and Merchants Square.  That is about it for Williamsburg-based shopping for me, however.

The "old" pottery was MUCH different than the current. I remember my grandparents taking me to the old pottery a lot, and if my memory serves me right I actually enjoyed going.

I went to the "revamped" pottery 2 (i think) years ago, and it was rather lackluster to say the least. Even my lady friend at the time found no real reason to be there.

I have a vague recollection of my parents taking us to the Pottery way back in the day, but I can't recall why, or if it was worth the trip.  I think we may have gotten some dishes or something?

And once again, I should probably suggest we get back to discussion at hand: SEAS' impending doom.

Nicole said:
And once again, I should probably suggest we get back to discussion at hand: SEAS' impending doom.

While I agree about getting back on topic, I wouldn't call it SEAS' impending doom. Frankly, i'm starting to see it as a rescue mission for BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad