News SEAS Launches COVID-19 Park Reservation System

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
If it causes days to be fully booked, they might do something about it. However, currently, I am unaware of any days being out of reservations yet.

Nov 30, 2018
The problem is once it's fully booked with questionable reservations, SEAS either has to cancel reservations or accept the park's actual attendance being below reservation capacity. Both of these outcomes are going to lead to very unhappy customers.

Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
I would like to point out that it would affect pass members by doing it. From what I understand, the number of reservations for pass members and regular day guests are independent of each other.

Apr 16, 2017
Calendar is open through 12/31/2020.

One caveat, though.

If you are on EZ Pay beyond the first 12 months, you cannot make a reservation past the monthly expiration date associated with the pass/membership.
Way to punish your most loyal customers!! Logic at it's best!
I think this is not unreasonable to expect. Since you are on a month to month plan with no guarantee you will pay in the future and can cancel anytime then offering a reservation into the future for unpaid admission seems reckless.

Mar 17, 2020
Agreed, but by my calculations with BGW being closed 3 months and still gettng dinged for EZ pay every month, with closed dates to be added to to my end date, my membership is already paid for into mid September.

One other note, and could belong in a new thread. With all parks having staggered reopening dates and all the different passes and memberships in existence, managing pass extensions with a normal IT system is a nightmare. SEAS IT system should make this very interesting.

Nov 24, 2009
It is possible to have booked every day from what ive seen. I really wonder if the reservation system is even needed though, look at Universal there really hasnt been a busy day. I think the SEAS parks are doing it to get a estimate just for food and staffing reasons however with the possibility of endless reservations and basically no way to cancel unneeded days there is no way to get a accurate count from it.

Reactions: tursiops

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Busy day in general or busy day compared to last year at this time? I think putting it like that doesn't truly reflect if the reservation system is needed. There's a possibility that the reservation is needed and it doesn't look busy because that's what they are limiting reservations to.

Reactions: VonDerrick
Aug 21, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Called at 9am and st 905, call center isn't taking calls due to high call volume. Wow. I assume they haven't turned off the notification from yesterday but again WOW.

Nov 24, 2009
Busy day in general or busy day compared to last year at this time? I think putting it like that doesn't truly reflect if the reservation system is needed. There's a possibility that the reservation is needed and it doesn't look busy because that's what they are limiting reservations to.
I have talked to people that have been and were there opening day. Also watched numerous youtube videos to see how things are for my trip in a couple weeks. The DIS posted a video that he arrived around 11am and there was no line to enter the park, he rode many rides as a walk on. Thats what I have been hearing that the crowds are really low. From the videos ive seen the line for butterbeer is the longest in the park regularly.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
I don’t think they means the reservation system isn’t needed.

Apr 16, 2017
Just because they are not following the reservation model doesn't mean they are not limiting capacity in anyway. They may still be limiting capacity and slowly increasing it as time progresses much like how Disney said they would be doing such; starting off at incredibly low attendance numbers and then slowly easing up as they have learned how crowds and people will accurately interact with the new changes and as they are able to manage more guests.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I have talked to people that have been and were there opening day. Also watched numerous youtube videos to see how things are for my trip in a couple weeks. The DIS posted a video that he arrived around 11am and there was no line to enter the park, he rode many rides as a walk on. Thats what I have been hearing that the crowds are really low. From the videos ive seen the line for butterbeer is the longest in the park regularly.
Anecdotal evidence is interesting, but not conclusive.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Just because they are not following the reservation model doesn't mean they are not limiting capacity in anyway. They may still be limiting capacity and slowly increasing it as time progresses much like how Disney said they would be doing such; starting off at incredibly low attendance numbers and then slowly easing up as they have learned how crowds and people will accurately interact with the new changes and as they are able to manage more guests.
I would surmise that part of the slow open was to basically have little to no line at rides to aid in distancing.

Reactions: VonDerrick
Nov 24, 2009
Ok, its no secret that I am anti mask but the ones Seaworld is selling could actually be appealing to kids. Aparently they will also give you a free one at the temp screening if you dont have one.

Reactions: Eric and Zachary
Login or Register to Hide This Ad