Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Keep in mind that Scott really wasn't involved in MIU this year to start with. If this is true, combined with the fact that they changed LR, then things are really starting to get desperate. We know at the very least that LR hasn't been anywhere near as popular as they were hoping, these changes suggest that there's something of a panic going on.

If he doesn't get fired soon, this is just going to get worse and worse as we continue throughout the season. I'll ask again, are the spots that have quit going to be filled? I'd hate to see TIO with 3 pairs again, like at the end of last year, until they can find a person to fill in for the people that have quit. And I don't see the tuba place being filled unless it comes from MIU, because the park has no instrumental understudies at this point. When the park has no more performers anymore, what's going to happen?

Reactions: Alf33
I would definitely hope so, PK. The statistics that I have seen look quite bad. I just think it's sad that the park has to take it out on other shows, especially shows that are otherwise very good. Even some of the changes to Celtic Fyre make it seem like the park is slowly trying to mess with that show. This is when you really have to watch out. Sometimes their idea of getting rid of a show seems to be that they make small changes to the show at the beginning of the year, which neither hurt or help the show. Then, slowly, they choke the show of everything that was left of it. I seriously don't want to see this happen. If LR is that bad, they should just accept it. I don't care how much money was foolishly thrown at it.

I'd honestly like to see some of these statistics, it sounds pretty bad, especially when it's coming from people who like the show.

Here are my answers to a few of your questions:

There have been many cases where performers have been told to stop interacting with guests during a show that wasn’t approved.

Tuba player from DIU will be in. Don’t know about the dancer. They will not hire a color guard.

Jim A. and corporate are the very reason the park is the way it is. Scott is their tool.
Scott does try to tear down shows to get what he wants. He wanted to remove Oktoberfest altogether so he decided to make it so bad in 2011 to get bad reviews enabling him to dismantle it and put up what he wanted. Original Entwined never surpassed the lowest ratings of the worst Oktoberfest in 2011.

PK is right and there is a huge panic with Scott and corporate. I would actually say a fear of job security. There are too many rumors flying right now but the truth remains a lot of people are angry and these people have a lot of money and power and might resort to cleaning house. There is a lot of desperation going on right now so what do you think causes that kind of desperation?

Whether people are fired or not I cannot imagine Busch Gardens staying a Sea World park forever…make of that what you will.

Okay, this is honestly driving me nuts. I've worried and thought about this situation so much. What can we do to stop it? I can't just sit back and hear about it, than do nothing to help the situation. What can we all do to stop this corruption, I want to do something.

Matthew, while I am sure that none of us want this to happen, I don't think there is much we can do. It is obvious that something is wrong. There is no doubt about that. Unfortunately, it almost seems like everyone is in some kind of "dirty secret" together. I think it's very likely that this is a situation where "If I go down, you're going down with me." That is a very sad predicament for the park to be in. That means that if this isn't treated properly, innocent people might get fired for no reason. Sadly, that is often the case with high profile executives, especially in the entertainment industry where everything is cutthroat competition. It may be possible that things need to fall naturally.

Reactions: David and Sky
I suppose you are right, but I'm afraid that "If I'm going down, your coming down with me," isn't just about Scott and the Ent. Department. It's Scott and the park as a whole. I feel like he's in this mad dash, where he knows he's going to be gone soon, but he wants to make an unforgettable impression, that in place is just going to kill the park.

All I can say to that is, "I hope it doesn't come to this." When someone gets a job title that big, I think it is only natural that they would be resistant to giving up that title. Some people just go to bad extremes before they have to give up.

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
People often ask me why I got out of the theater. Frankly there are 2 primary reasons. (there are more but they seem not important here)
1. Not going to lie, greed. I was never going to live the lifestyle I wanted being a lighting designer.
2. (this is the relevant one here) Personalities.

For whatever reasons (and I can think of more than a few) the theater draws to it, no matter what the department, overly dramatic people. Often they are narcissistic and in my experience think they are far better then they have any right to believe. If there is one thing the theatrical arts has a surplus of, it is melodrama. This kind of behavior makes for a rather unpleasant working environment.

Don't get me wrong many if not most of the people I worked with were perfectly kind and generous people. But the ones that were not, only chaos knows how they functioned.

My first issue was money and that is always the sticky wicket. Theater is expensive and managing directors often have over the top "visions" and do not have the budgets to pull them off. You see this in high school and local theater especially. To offset the cost of the show itself and or other gimmicks (e.g. hiring "all NYC performers") often things like sets, props, and costumes suffer.

Scott seems to fall into this category, and there is nothing to say, but this is an old saw.

Reactions: UncleDuncan
The answer is something you won’t like. All Passholders stop giving Busch money. Money is the only thing that speaks in this world. Truth and honor is not their language therefore no understanding will take place.

I am hesitant in saying this because even I don’t know what it fully means. This info is so vague but comes from another much higher source that even I did not want to push for fear of straining our relationship. There are supposed to be some big changes for either BGW or all of SEAS that hinted at being a good thing. It was related to the topic of Scott and bad management overall. But be wary because Scott is not the head of the snake. If he was then information would come a lot more freely.

Oh and a lot of us are really excited to see what Scott comes up with next. He has stolen every idea from predecessors and other entertainment alumni and implemented it in the worst way possible. LR as far as I know is the last thing on the table.

It starts with small changes to shows. Then they eliminate the shows altogether. Then every single passholder leaves and throws anti-BGW rallies so that tourists know to stay away too. The park tears down LNM, laughing maniacally, and then rebuilds LNM to get everybody's hopes up, and then tears it down again just for fun. The park is sold to a crotchety old man who hates laughter, and he closes the gates forever. People tell stories of the once 8/10 theme park. "How did it come to this?" a small teary eyed child asks. His father looks around nervously, leans in and whispers, "Scott." Happiness and fun are never seen in Williamsburg or even the entire world ever again.

So if there was ever any question that Scott reads the forums let me answer it with a resounding "absolutely he does". Scott probably spends more time worrying what is said about him than SEAS worries about Blackfish. He devotes company time and resources to have his minions report to him what is written. If only they put as much time into planning HOS…or anything for that matter. It does put a smile on many of our faces that he is reading every single word I type right this second. A VP of entertainment so worried about a forum. Go figure.

So Scott has his number one minion address one of the casts by “reading” to them a post from this thread. The amazing part is his minion reads it incorrectly and then says it is all lies and tells everyone to stay off the forums. Most of the new performers had no idea these forums existed. Now Scott has directed them to it in an attempt to keep them from it. Good one Scotty. Now they can read what it actually says and see that his very own minions are lying and trying to cover their tracks about what was said. Play back the tapes! Unfortunately you can’t argue against recordings Scott, OOPS! I would be a little more careful what I say and do in public places. He of all people should know that. The funny thing is Scott thought he had the power to fire everyone that is against him but there are certain places he cannot reach. Now that we know for sure he reads every word let us say this. “We are everywhere and will still be here after you are gone.”

It really is counterproductive to tell the performers not to read these forums. I know that cast members are well aware of these forums. One thing that I notice reading these forums is that most members know to respect the performers. One small incident reported here was the poor placement of a risque looking record prop in London Rocks. We know the performers don't design the props. They can't really criticize the performers for the props, so it was replaced. While it is slightly comforting that they can't fire just anyone without terrible backlash, too much is still "swept under the rug". If we weren't here, matters would get even worse.

Reactions: Jonquil
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad