Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
CastleOSullivan said:
BGW Family said:
One instance, the person leading the video banning is still there.

I have often wondered where that rule came from and the reasoning behind it.
Video banning? Like videoing any show, or banning any videos in the park?

I actually enjoyed London Rocks itself, but they have become way too brutal with the no recording policy. The performer that does the preshow literally says
"Oh and I see we've got cameras out here in the audience. Remember everybody; recording devices of any sort is not only uncool, but strictly prohibited. So put away your <unknown word> cameras and tape recorders. Yeah I see you over there."

They already play the announcement at least twice before the show. Anyway, it is true that SG hire plenty of people like or even worse than himself. A major producer comes to mind.

They also have a preshow automated spiel this year, in which they say we're going back to an era where recording devices did not exist.(similar to what they said for SNM) But is that not totally inaccurate for even the beginning of the British Invasion era? They may have been black and white, but they definitely did exist. :p

That producer is a whole other bag of issues, if the same you are thinking of COS. IIRC, the Festhaus table debacle is that producer's idea to give you a feel for being like SG or even worse. This one should go out with the wash in my opinion.

So I'm away for a few weeks and this happens? Geez.

I wish Mr Gasparich well in his future endeavors, and hope that his talents (yes, he has talents) find a more suitable outlet than perhaps he found at BGW.

That said, his tenure at BGW was one of poor decisions and frequent mediocrity and his departure is a spark of hope for improved quality of entertainment at the park.

[split] Has the Glitter Monster been slain? - Gasparich let go?

according to an email I have seen, today is his LAST DAY...

Scott Gasparich, our Vice President of Entertainment, is following his passion for Northern Michigan and is leaving Busch Gardens Williamsburg effective May 1.

Scott began his career in theatre and then joined our company in 1997. He quickly moved up through the organization in Williamsburg and St. Louis. Having held numerous park and corporate positions in Show and Event Production. Perhaps his most notable achievements have been in Williamsburg as Vice President of Entertainment.

During his seven years in Williamsburg, Scott was responsible for creating and leading his team in producing over 41 show productions, most notably London Rocks and Scrooge No More. He has led over 59 new attractions, dining experiences, and event products for our highly popular strategic events. He was responsible for creating, leading and opening our highly successful Irish dance shows Irish Thunder, Emerald Beat, and Celtic Fyre in our Ireland village, beginning in 2001. We are very proud of Scott’s creative touch with in Christmas Town, our strategic event that has become a beloved family tradition for so many.

Under Scott's leadership, he and his team have transformed Food & Wine, Howl-O-Scream, and Christmas Town from ordinary consumer events to major integrated and immersive guest experiences. The growth in scale, revenue and popularity are obvious testaments to that success. The integration of entertainment into revenue opportunities and Scott's partnership with his revenue peers is unmatched. We are in debt to Scott for his vision and work ethic required to plan and execute these events so successfully.

Scott will also be sorely missed for his galvanizing ability to create and design. He has an uncanny skill to pick perfect colors and has saved me from employing my amateur abilities in this area.

Originally from Michigan, he will now make a full circle re-joining his family and return to Michigan as the proprietor of his own art gallery.

We wish Scott only the very best in this new endeavor.

I agree that most of the shows Scott overseen were good. Not so much for Entwined, but MIU was a great show till the walkout. London Rocks does ROCK and Celtic Fyre might just be the best show the park ever had. New show Roll out the Barrel to early to rate, but I dont care much for it. But London Rocks and Celtic Fyre I can watch all day. Also, a lot of the problems at the park might not have been Scotts fault. But the fact is really AB dont run the parks anymore and Blackstone is the bad guy here. The parks were never in this bad of shape when AB owned them.

Bama said:
I agree that most of the shows Scott overseen were good not so much for Entwined but MIU esd s great show till the walkout, London Rocks does ROCK and Celtic Fyre might just be the best show the park ever had. New show Roll out the Barrel to early to rate but I dont care much for it but London Rocks and Celtic Fyre I can watch all day, also a lot of the problems at the park might not have been Scotts fault but the fact is really AB dont run the parks anymore and Blackstone is the bad guy here the parks were never in this bad of shape when AB owned them.

I'm just glad Scott decided to run on when he did. His reign over BGW was a very dark period for the park. As you said, there were a few good shows that punctuated his career, but the rest of the time his ideas really ran together.

For anyone wondering what the VP of entertainment has control of and what it requires to fill the position here you go.
Primary Purpose:

The Vice President of Entertainment for Busch Gardens Williamsburg & Water Country USA requires an experienced, well balanced and collaborative executive leader. This position will lead and manage all aspects of Williamsburg entertainment including theme park live show productions, special events, strategic events such as Food & Wine, Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town as well as park theming & sound. Continuous focus and drive on growing guest satisfaction and revenue generation through exceptional guest experiences is a must. Our Entertainment Vice President, working in collaboration with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment corporate leadership will coordinate and execute executive production and provide operational experience to ensure our entertainment product is consistently delivered and entertainment team members are exceptionally focused on delivering consistently outstanding performances and high quality productions. The Vice President acts as a business multiplier through the collaborative integration of entertainment with our park operations, culinary and merchandise departments. Guest focus, team member motivation and strong business acumen are critical qualities in this leadership position.

Position Functions:

Strategic leadership of multi-faceted entertainment department including: Production, Operations, Events, Costuming, Entertainment Services, Tech Services and Park Theming
Responsible for long term development of 5 to10 year entertainment product plan
Responsible for establishing and maintaining entertainment goals & objectives aligned with company and park strategies
Responsible for actively pursuing global entertainment industry trends for evaluation and consideration
Responsible for generating thought provoking product ideas, concepts, and processes focusing on unique experiences
Collaborate with our corporate team on research, development and implementation of all Entertainment products including Park Theming, Shows, and Events
Responsible for coordinating SEA corporate and industry experts to collaborate and partner on a diverse portfolio of show and event products
Responsible for advancing regulatory compliant technical industry standards to support cutting edge entertainment
Increase guest satisfaction, energy/excitement by evaluating & implementing multi-sensory thematic devices
Lead guest satisfaction efforts by constant evaluation and implementation of feedback leading to needed product changes
Responsible for meeting entertainment budget targets and maintaining financial compliance
Lead team in improved operational efficiencies
Responsible for developing strategic measures to ensure team member engagement
Responsible for oversight of department safety programs and procedures
Oversees the creation and management of the expense & capital show and event production budgets that align with park and departmental goals & objectives
Active and effective participant, collaborator, and partner with senior leadership team members

Candidates with the following qualifications will be considered:

5 years senior management leadership experience required
10 years of experience in entertainment project/production management preferred
BA in Theatre, Theatre Arts or equivalent professional experience required
10 years of resource management and execution experience preferred
5 years in large scale event production development and implementation required
Prior theme park experience a plus
Source

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad