Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Root of All Evil (2012 to Present)

Does this still have the photo op? I hated that thing, it made a line that would usually be a half hour for a regular haunted house, turn into an hour and a half.

Now the line gets clogged up because of the last greenhouse with the strobe lights.

Reactions: Kitty

Strobe lights in a house need to be in a linear hallway. None of this zigzagging nonsense. It's already hard enough to navigate some of those pathways, don't add strobes to the confusion. Remember to keep it simple.

Plus all the white shredded curtains just bouncing bright light flashes. Navigation is near impossible because you can't see squat.

I miss the pond and the statues. The maze itself looks a lot better but the scares aren't as creative as they were last year. I wish they at least kept the alternating paths. And maybe add a few more actors to the greenhouses.

-How awesome would it be if they added some weeping angels to this maze?

This maze was 5x better than last years version. There were a couple things that were a little off, but overall, a really good house. I went in it during the day, so it wasn't as scary as it would've been at night, but I really liked it.

Reactions: Planeteer

While I understand that's the point, the problem comes in when it breaks the immersion. Because you're no longer "lost in a scary garden, and can't find the exit." You're now "Lost in a maze at Busch Gardens, and man these strobes are killing my eyes."

Feeling lost is one thing, being lost is another.

Those strobe rooms make great raves. My friends were jamming through every single one. Just wish there was actual scary stuff inside. I can understand why they don't put actors inside the rooms but maybe have a dark spot (behind a wall or something) for the actor to hide and pop out.

If not, they should put some rave music in each one :p That alone would be an improvement

Reactions: Nicole and Kitty

I give this the "best improved maze" award. I don't find strobes scary though. But it is fine, except they should make sure that the only panel you can push through is the one you are supposed to go through. We kept pushing through the wrong cloth.

I really miss the guy coming out of the pond. That was the most original scare I had ever seen.

I have a small issue with the area right before the port-a-potty, where they have two piles of mulch. It is not well-lit, and I essentially tripped over the one pile, walking up it a bit. Then I was disoriented enough that I almost walked right through the "emergency exit" which isn't well-marked and is very large, because the woman who was there looked like she was calling me over. But it turned out she was just trying to figure out if I was OK from stumbling over the pile of mulch.

Reactions: Kitty and Zachary

I REALLY liked this maze this year. Last year I liked it more than most of y'all (especially from what I remember being posted last year), but this year I loved it. This one gave me the most scares (actually, it's tied with 13). I wasn't expecting that one alien-looking creature in the first room; I jumped back against the wall spread-eagle. The gillie suits always get me, but there was one that got me so good, the actor actually broke character and burst out laughing (I'm sure I made his night and gave him a story to tell at the end of the night). For some reason my natural reaction to being scared is to fall...and I did a lot of that in this house. LOVED IT.

On Friday night, this girl stuffed one of the eggs in her jacket. I was pissed the whole way through.. I hate thieves :dodgy:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad