Overall, what do you think of the 2 year plans for BGW and WCUSA?

• I can't wait! This will be great!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Meh, whatever.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Don't like these ideas; the park may be changed for the worse.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBW

Jun 10, 2010
Dinwiddie County, VA
I'm really interested in getting everyone's overall reaction to Saturday's announcements of the 2-year plans for BGW and WCUSA. Lumping all the proposed changes together, are you excited? Disappointed? Or somewhere in the middle?

ETA: Option 3 should, of course, read "the parkS may be changed for the worse."

Thanks for the thoughtful comments and don't forget to vote in the poll!

I am excited

Oktoberfest DOES need a facelift but it needs one to fit it. I only hope that it does not turn out cartoony or really fairish. That IMO is the icon of the park outside of Nessie. A pretzel stall and beer garden will be a wonderful addition as beer is a staple in Germany. I mean the Burger Kings in Germany serve beer. My biggest hope is the pretzel stall has cinnamon sugar!!!

A drop tower will be an awesome thrill that can provide a unique view of the park like never before. I love heights/skydiving/planes so it fits my interests amazingly. As with the rehab of OF I hope it is done properly and themed accordingly. It is Busch so I have a lot of faith in them.

The new rollercoaster has ENORMOUS shoes to fill. I think the coaster will be good but needs to be worthy of naming it the successor of BBW. Once again as with all of the others, I have faith. Apparently Busch bigwigs are pretty active in monitoring this type of site so I am sure they have taken good note of what the fans want amongst others that walk up and state in persons or email. So long as it goes with the terrain it should be great. A launch would be a great addition to the park since it has yet to have anything of the like in the park. So far as I know the only other launch around is Volcano which is mediocre at best. It could bring visitors from around just because the unique nature.

As far as Water Country USA goes, I visit there at least 10-15 times a summer so something new will be awesome. Bitterness still plagues me at the removal of Atomic Breakers. Maybe this can restore faith? The slides from the description sound like a worthy competitor to summit plummit or at least as close as we will get to one in this area. Four new slides of the nature presented would be fun to me and something new to spice up my visits

Having only been to BGW twice, and that being enough to make myself and my family fall in love with it, the plans for the park over the next two years seem like they will be a wonderful addition/change. It is nice to see that the powers that be have paid attention to the fans who have loved the park forever.

I am excited about the new roller coaster project as well. I was a year late and was not ever privileged enough to have experienced BBW. The way that many people hear talk about that coaster, I feel like I missed an awful lot and feel like one of those people who goes to a funeral with a friend and doesn't know the loved one. When i read Nora's entries about BBW I feel sad and wish I could have know him. BUT, it is my hope that they continue with the theme of BBW, like Son of BBW or Revenge of BBW or Return of BBW. Perhaps they sound hokey to some, but for something that was so iconic to the park, I think those would go along with what they hope to achieve. If that is what they indeed hope to achieve.

Two years seems like a long time, now, but for anyone who has kids can tell you, a flash, a blink, and we will all be waiting in line to ride!

The could just call it der Wolf or something like that. I think we're focusing so much on the Big Bad Wolf. Who knows, they might already have an idea of what they want to call it and theme it that has nothing to do with a wolf.

and scout you keep writing fairish. what are you getting at there? You don't want it to look cartoony or bland?

I wonder if this new Beer Garden will usher in a wider variety of beers.

I think this is wonderful. It shows that Blackstone is committed to the park and wants to make good changes. I certainly can't wait to see what they do!

I have mixed feelings about the two year project:

The drop tower: Hate it, I think drop towers are over rated and BGW is too good for that!

New Oktoberfest: I love Oktoberfest (or at least I USED to love it) and I really hope these renovations don't make the place too tacky or over-themed. I also think the pretzel house and beer garden will be a neat little addition.

The new coaster: I hope just because it will be a "multi-launch" coaster doesn't mean it will be a very intense coaster intended only for hard core riders. I would love it if it becomes a family friendly ride but also impresses coaster enthusiasts. I really hope it pays tribute to the Wolf somehow, I think it should have a similar name/theming!

I am a little concerned about the redo of Octoberfest. With the addition of different food venues and a beer garden are there plans to remove the Festhaus? There were talking about adding entertainment stages, games, food stalls as well as Pretzel World. It seems redundant to have stages for entertainment and food and beer locations outside in addition to the Festhaus that have entertainment, food and beer just a few steps away. I hope I am wrong.

Rob3077 said:
I am a little concerned about the redo of Octoberfest. With the addition of different food venues and a beer garden are there plans to remove the Festhaus? There were talking about adding entertainment stages, games, food stalls as well as Pretzel World. It seems redundant to have stages for entertainment and food and beer locations outside in addition to the Festhaus that have entertainment, food and beer just a few steps away. I hope I am wrong.

The Festhaus is not being removed. It can be seen in the artist rendering and the small dining options going into Oktoberfest won't come anywhere near the capacity of Festhaus. They are trying to bring back the street festival feel that used to exist in Oktoberfest. So it will just be additional entertainment.

I voted for option 1.

1) LOVE that they are opening Italy. I'm guessing that it's only going to be San Marco and not Festa for some reason. Unless they are operating rides in Festa, I don't see why they would as it lacks major food and entertainment venues. Excited that ChristmasTown is progressing quickly. It seems to to "taking off" faster than HOS ever did.

2) Also excited for the Okt. renovations. I'm a bit concerned over the artist's rendering, but those always seem more colorful than necessary anyway. I'm particularly glad they have (finally) found a use for all of that dead space near the swings and katapult. As for the preztel house being "food near a place that already serves food"- think of it like the way England's food shops are set up- there are 4 (Four!) in a really close area to one another. Each one has a different use (granted the Muffin Man- if that is still it's name- could be used for a better purpose IMHO). The pretzel house/beer garden will still be serving food, but in a different way than the Festhaus.

3) Mach Tower/relocation of Katapult- I can't say I've ridden drop towers too many times, so in that sense I'm excited. However, it's not the thing I'm most looking forward to. I still have my fingers crossed that katapult will make it's way back into an enclosed area (yes, i know, Canadian Palladium, but did we ever get confirmation on enclosed or not?). I do like that fact that the tower will take some of the capacity off of other rides.

4) WCUSA- Considering they haven't had anything major added in FOREVER (I do not count the island- I liked it better the way it was previously anyway) I am really excited about this. And this is coming from someone who likes tube slides better than body slides.

5) Coaster- Not much to go on, but I am no doubt excited.

Scoutn757 said:
Apparently Busch bigwigs are pretty active in monitoring this type of site so I am sure they have taken good note of what the fans want amongst others that walk up and state in persons or email. So long as it goes with the terrain it should be great.

Any Busch bigwig that may read this: I graduated in May2010. I have a BA in communciation. I need a job. I've been going to BGW for years. Signed, VTBGWFan

(yes I realize the probability of someone from BGW contacting me, but why not try right haha)

Yeah, I don't see the DF site getting touched here.

What kind of themeing will Katapult have now that it is in the armpit of BGW: New France?

This may be just the path they desired to take since Kings Dominion is not really doing well and as we know BGW may have a slight slump with the economy having a affect on us all. But I do see DF site becoming something in the future, don't see a legal binding issue with it.

Chris said:
Rob3077 said:

The Festhaus is not being removed. It can be seen in the artist rendering and the small dining options going into Oktoberfest won't come anywhere near the capacity of Festhaus. They are trying to bring back the street festival feel that used to exist in Oktoberfest. So it will just be additional entertainment.

Good to hear. Thank you!

Franco said:
Yeah, I don't see the DF site getting touched here.

What kind of themeing will Katapult have now that it is in the armpit of BGW: New France?

I still say call it the "Lumberjack shuffle." ;)

Oh and I have not voted as my answer is "that I shall not make my feelings known until the smaller details of the new coaster is revealed." My heart is riding on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad