Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I don't think a tilt or a dive really makes that much sense for this plot of land. In a Reddit thread about this topic, I put forward the idea of sticking a modern Vekoma flyer in this plot. This would be a great way for Six Flags to make a statement with a state-of-the-art coaster at what is now the home base of the entire chain, and it would also pay homage to Nighthawk. They might even want to carry over the Nighthawk name in some capacity. I think a flyer right in the center of the park would be cool aesthetically, and Vekoma could surely make something magical happen if they're given free rein by Six Flags.

Would be a dream! Flying over the water was a major highlight on Nighthawk - having that back would be incredible. It's a great plot for a flyer.

The only unfortunate thing is the model's inability to do intense lying elements - that's a bummer.

Or a thrill glider if the one goes well at magic mountain?

I hope to god not!
 
Boys and girls, we have movement. C/S just posted on their Instagram that the Dinos Alive plot is being cleared, as seen from Afterburn’s station (and lift).
If this ends up being a Hyper Tilt Coaster (or just a Tilt Coaster in general) I think this vaults Carowinds into the company of only a few other parks that truly has an Elite Lineup of Coasters.
 
>inb4 ArieForce One but half the structure is replaced with wood, the lift is extended to 205’ and RMC subcontracts Vekoma to build a truss tilt, thus making the world’s first Hyper-Hybrid Tilt Coaster 🤣🤣
If this ends up being a Hyper Tilt Coaster (or just a Tilt Coaster in general) I think this vaults Carowinds into the company of only a few other parks that truly has an Elite Lineup of Coasters.
 
Last edited:
If this ends up being a Hyper Tilt Coaster (or just a Tilt Coaster in general) I think this vaults Carowinds into the company of only a few other parks that truly has an Elite Lineup of Coasters.
Aside from Fury, what at this park classifies as "Elite" to you?
 
Aside from Fury, what at this park classifies as "Elite" to you?

Afterburn... and nothing else.

Also, I am honestly skeptical that this clearing is for the next major coaster. SURELY they're not planning to leave the center of the park a giant, footer-filled crater for the next like 10 years... right? The Dinos Alive plot isn't hurting anyone as it sits empty. Same isn't true for the Nighthawk/Vortex plot (which continues to hurt people daily).
 
Afterburn... and nothing else.

Also, I am honestly skeptical that this clearing is for the next major coaster. SURELY they're not planning to leave the center of the park a giant, footer-filled crater for the next like 10 years... right? The Dinos Alive plot isn't hurting anyone as it sits empty. Same isn't true for the Nighthawk/Vortex plot (which continues to hurt people daily).
That is a very good question. I know I would be prioritizing the center of the park... but we also know this company ain't the smartest sometimes.
 
I would just say afterburn really. Thunder is relaly good and fun yea but it is just a hyper lol Theyre a dime a dozen these days. Id say copper is unique but I dont like it so i dont really care
 
  • Like
Reactions: CoasterBroCam
Yeah I have to agree with @Zachary this isn't top of the park's priority list then someone isn't doing their job.
 

Attachments

  • 20260803_140606(1).jpg
    20260803_140606(1).jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 20260803_140411.jpg
    20260803_140411.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 61
  • 20260803_140353.jpg
    20260803_140353.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20260803_140404.jpg
    20260803_140404.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 43
  • 20260803_102012.jpg
    20260803_102012.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Afterburn... and nothing else.

Also, I am honestly skeptical that this clearing is for the next major coaster. SURELY they're not planning to leave the center of the park a giant, footer-filled crater for the next like 10 years... right? The Dinos Alive plot isn't hurting anyone as it sits empty. Same isn't true for the Nighthawk/Vortex plot (which continues to hurt people daily).
Meanwhile up here at Kings Island we're going on 7 years now of an empty hole in the back of the park where Vortex sat with still no signs of activity....
 
I think the best would Be to remove the footers nighthawk used to be and build a riverboat themed restaurant like the one at worlds of fun
 
I think the best would Be to remove the footers nighthawk used to be and build a riverboat themed restaurant like the one at worlds of fun
Or Cedar Point's Grand Pavilion. Have it Carolina shore themed (I know they have a Boardwalk themed area on the other side).

Also I think the Nighthawk area could be a good area for a new "Celebration Plaza" type area for shows and special events.
 
I think the best would Be to remove the footers nighthawk used to be and build a riverboat themed restaurant like the one at worlds of fun

Or Cedar Point's Grand Pavilion. Have it Carolina shore themed (I know they have a Boardwalk themed area on the other side).

Also I think the Nighthawk area could be a good area for a new "Celebration Plaza" type area for shows and special events.

A large restaurant front and center when Harmony Hall is RIGHT there doesn't make sense. The plot needs to be used for a large signature attraction. Ala Alpen Fury, preferably... 🙂
 
I feel like that would be much better somewhere else, where it can go through the trees (aka the dinos alive plot). This front area, in addition to being partly on top of the water, would be best saved for a visual showstopper that interacts with the views that site provides. GCIs are great rides, and I certainly see the merit of a great wooden coaster right at the front of the park, but my guess is that’s not what they’re going to do here
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad