Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I can’t say specifics, but this ride is genuinely going to blow peoples minds, its budget has only been increased since its conception, it was completely scrapped and redone. The wait will be so so worth it

I was kind of wondering if Vekoma itself had a pretty significant role custom-designing this, since it is their first installation of this ride system.
 
I'm sure they definitely have high aspirations of this to promote their ride system. PGAV destinations name was thrown around when initial rumblings of this project came about. They have been associated with some of SeaWorld's highest quality projects; Discovery Cove, Manta, Cobra's Curse, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi. If they have anything to do with this, I am optimistic!
 
Anything on the seaQuest ride? I thought it was supposed to open this year with a tilt coaster in 2027?!?
 
Anything on the seaQuest ride? I thought it was supposed to open this year with a tilt coaster in 2027?!?
...? Who ever said anything about a tilt coaster?

SeaQuest was officially delayed ages ago (as reflected in the thread title).
Vanewsman isn't posting out of left field. Can corroborate that a Vekoma tilt has been heavily rumored amongst Orlando insiders for SeaWorld Orlando as the next major addition. I'd assume it's coming in 2028 with SeaQuest delayed.

I've heard a few locations for it. The best of the rumored locations, IMO, is where the current bus/rideshare pickup lot is. Part of that project consists of a front gate redesign. Will that actually be the location? Who knows.
 
Vanewsman isn't posting out of left field. Can corroborate that a Vekoma tilt has been heavily rumored amongst Orlando insiders for SeaWorld Orlando as the next major addition. I'd assume it's coming in 2028 with SeaQuest delayed.

I've heard a few locations for it. The best of the rumored locations, IMO, is where the current bus/rideshare pickup lot is. Part of that project consists of a front gate redesign. Will that actually be the location? Who knows.
SWO is a park that desperately needs a new front gate. Its current front entrance and security setup can NOT handle the guest flow the park gets. Interesting placement though, because that would mean the front of your lot is the furthest you can get from the parking tolls.
 
Vanewsman isn't posting out of left field. Can corroborate that a Vekoma tilt has been heavily rumored amongst Orlando insiders for SeaWorld Orlando as the next major addition. I'd assume it's coming in 2028 with SeaQuest delayed.

I've heard a few locations for it. The best of the rumored locations, IMO, is where the current bus/rideshare pickup lot is. Part of that project consists of a front gate redesign. Will that actually be the location? Who knows.

I know it's a prominent rumor—been discussed in the After SeaQuest thread—but @Vanewsman's post read like he was expecting it as a matter of fact. Definitely not that yet.

Just don't like to see this conflation of fact with rumors.
 
Last edited:
I know it's a prominent rumor—been discussed in the After SeaQuest thread—but @Vanewsman's post read like he was expecting it as a matter of fact. Definitely not that yet.

Just don't like to see this conflation of fact with rumors.
Yes....I understand what you're saying. And it has been a rumor for a while about the tilt coaster. It is a shame the seaQuest project was delayed because it does push other proposed projects forward a year. I do think a record breaking B&M wing coaster at the front of the park would be perfect with a new park entrance!
 
It does seem that the park entrance/Key West and the education pavilions next to Seaquest are the two most talked about locations for the next coaster. Personally I would love to see the park entrance done first as SWO has the worst park entrance out of any of the United Parks theme parks.

On the topic of this thread (Seaquest) though, I do worry about foot traffic for the ride given how off the main throughways it is and I think having a tall/visible ride back there would be beneficial in the future to draw people in.
 
Last edited:
SWO is a park that desperately needs a new front gate. Its current front entrance and security setup can NOT handle the guest flow the park gets. Interesting placement though, because that would mean the front of your lot is the furthest you can get from the parking tolls.
It's not the best, but it's better than BGT in my opinion! That one is rough.
 
It does seem that the park entrance/Key West and the education pavilions next to Seaquest are the two most talked about locations for the next coaster. Personally I would love to see the park entrance done first as SWO has the worst park entrance out of any of the United Parks theme parks.

On the topic of this thread (Seaquest) though, I do worry about foot traffic for the ride given how off the main throughways it is and I think having a tall/visible ride back there would be beneficial in the future to draw people in.
been worried about it even before the ride got announced since guests already struggle to find the path to pipeline and thats already a big ride.
 
been worried about it even before the ride got announced since guests already struggle to find the path to pipeline and thats already a big ride.

Yeah, SeaWorld has put absolutely zero effort into modernizing pathing and wayfinding to go alongside their recent expansion around the lake. They need to bite the bullet and invest significant cash in pathing, aesthetics, scenic, and signage all the way from SeaFire to Odyssey. Real mess back there.
 
Yeah, SeaWorld has put absolutely zero effort into modernizing pathing and wayfinding to go alongside their recent expansion around the lake. They need to bite the bullet and invest significant cash in pathing, aesthetics, scenic, and signage all the way from SeaFire to Odyssey. Real mess back there.
it was nice to have that shortcut from pipeline to ice breaker last year but they cut it off at pipeline gift shop now so unless a concert is happening or haunt/christmas pipeline is a dead section
 
Still don't understand why they won't open the pathway between the Dolphin Nursery and Pipeline. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is they want people to have to walk past the Flamecraft Bar to increase sales there.
 
Still don't understand why they won't open the pathway between the Dolphin Nursery and Pipeline. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is they want people to have to walk past the Flamecraft Bar to increase sales there.
That’s exactly why. It forces people by/through dining and retail locations. If they don’t do that they don’t get money. They use it after fireworks each night, usually.
 
Still don't understand why they won't open the pathway between the Dolphin Nursery and Pipeline. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is they want people to have to walk past the Flamecraft Bar to increase sales there.
pretty sure it was just maintence wanting a bigger area to store stuff like the evac platforms with the entrance people and flamecraft so they pretty much got that area plus they wanted a entrance with the view of the water rather than behind 2 buildings
 
Had a bit of a wild idea to throw out there. Has anybody ever considered that maybe the delay is apart of the park actually creating this new entrance + modern expansion but around sequest?

They seem to be creating pathways that are clearly way wider than any other pathing in the park, and I think this would be very big for the park if they could either tie in the area were howl o screams entrance is, to a pathway down to seaquest, or that land they seem to be clearing out behind seaquest is a a perfect open plot of land to create a new entrance as well.

I think this actually would be a pretty awesome location considering they have land of land back there to build up a band new modern land, attraction, shopping and eating locations. Create a new bar as well if they need to and then open up to sesame street (if still there), land which will take you down there better pathways to mako. This opening will get rid of the construction walls to but also give them a ton of space to work with and re construct a better entrance.

Lines up with there sudden larger budget and delay I think to.
Just putting that idea out there, and if anybody would like to see the latest photos of seaquest with this idea in mind and get back to me on that I think it's worth talking about.
 
Had a bit of a wild idea to throw out there. Has anybody ever considered that maybe the delay is apart of the park actually creating this new entrance + modern expansion but around sequest?

They seem to be creating pathways that are clearly way wider than any other pathing in the park, and I think this would be very big for the park if they could either tie in the area were howl o screams entrance is, to a pathway down to seaquest, or that land they seem to be clearing out behind seaquest is a a perfect open plot of land to create a new entrance as well.

I think this actually would be a pretty awesome location considering they have land of land back there to build up a band new modern land, attraction, shopping and eating locations. Create a new bar as well if they need to and then open up to sesame street (if still there), land which will take you down there better pathways to mako. This opening will get rid of the construction walls to but also give them a ton of space to work with and re construct a better entrance.

Lines up with there sudden larger budget and delay I think to.
Just putting that idea out there, and if anybody would like to see the latest photos of seaquest with this idea in mind and get back to me on that I think it's worth talking about.
With the seaQuest delay....we may have to wait a few years for the proposed tilt coaster.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad