Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Interesting! I figured they probably just renovated it for 2019 but didn't realize it was that old. Seems weird they wouldn't have done some preventative maintenance when they revamped it though, or just fixed it up considering they've been refreshing other animal exhibits around the park.

Was there also an aquarium underneath the Bayside amphitheater? I've never seen one, but there are photos online of what looks like one.
Yes, it used to have a few aquariums housing different cephalopods but since Tidal Twister's opening has been closed to the public.
 
Watch them crumble like six flags if they keep doing this
Could happen,im just throwing it out there
No, very unlikely, the problem with SIX was that they were and still give away tickets and passes with tons of benefits for cheap. The highest tier SIX pass for all parks is around $250 cheaper per pass then SEAS currently charges for platinum. SEAS at least has a better cash flow that’s consistent. Seas also operates in mostly areas where their parks are open year round. SIX has never had that luxury.

I personally think the new ride/attraction for every park every year is a good idea especially year round parks that people go to frequently.

SEAS has the ability to spend more and make big purchases because they are so frequent. I’m sure they sign multi coaster deals with the likes of intamin for sure and is able to get them all for a discounted bulk sale price.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mr. Porkchop
Interesting! I figured they probably just renovated it for 2019 but didn't realize it was that old. Seems weird they wouldn't have done some preventative maintenance when they revamped it though, or just fixed it up considering they've been refreshing other animal exhibits around the park.

Was there also an aquarium underneath the Bayside amphitheater? I've never seen one, but there are photos online of what looks like one.
Yeah, there was one and i used to go there as a kid a lot, probably just being used as a dressing room for the shows happening there or maybe tidal twister parts are being held there

The have a 30-foot coastal height restriction in that area however the park is allowed to build attractions up to 160-ft tall.
i’m pretty sure a new vote got rid of them
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the next coaster will be replacing Tidal Surge.
Considering it appears to be gone for good, I'd imagine so. We still don't have any indication of construction though. At this point it seems like 2025 is the earliest we'd see any new ride, unless it's something small that can easily fit into the existing queue and ride area for Tidal Twister.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mr. Porkchop
Seems like the other PRKS parks have already started filing permits and doing preliminary work for their 2025 additions. I wonder why SWSD is so far behind the rest of the pack... unless moving Riptide Rescue and opening the new restaurant is all we're getting for 2025?

I'm not even sure what to wish for, there are so many things this park needs. A replacement for Tidal Twister, replacements for the three closed aquariums, a flying theater to replace the Wild Arctic simulator, theming upgrades for JTA and Emperor, a new penguin encounter next to Emperor...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coasternerd
Oh yeah, I forgot about those 2. What about a B&M Family Invert.
 
That would be better than the another family launch coaster they still need a medium thrill coaster more something to bridge the gap between Manta and Emperor. Something like Pipeline would be the perfect addition.
 
If we're talking about a thrill coaster that's not to intense, a Hot Racer would work well from what I've heard.
 
Tbh I wouldn't mind that wing coaster that was rumored previously, assuming it's executed well. SWSD has a lot of "small" coasters with short durations that are low to the ground and/or squeezed into a compact layout, so it'd be nice to have one that feels more substantial and isn't constrained in any dimension. A coaster with a long ride time that gives the sensation of traveling some distance and pulling through full-size elements without constant turns breaking it up seems like exactly what this park needs in terms of thrills.
 
It feels like we have to wait a couple of years for them to consider installing a new coaster. They want to revamp the animal parts of the park, and only having 2 more precious exceptions to the 30 ft high limit can't help them not wanting to install a new coaster in the near future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coasternerd
I've convinced myself of something:

New rides for surveys are developed by interns, and they use AI because they don't have graphic arts backgrounds to create the image themselves. Parks are just "lazy" in taking what the interns hand them and use it in a survey.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad