Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Photos are coming in from media previews...

I don't believe what I'm seeing.

Traditional rock carvings, the oldest expression of art on the continent. Djembes, dundunba, and I believe Zulu attire. Lion and Hyena ridge appears to be loosely themed off the Lion Safari & Lesedi Cultural Village in Lanseria, South Africa. This carved lion sculpture potentially inspired by work of the Shona. "Kopje" translates to little head in Afrikaans. I'm eager to see how the execution of the exhibit plans look in person. BGT lovers may remember the old fabled "Mt. Kilimanjaro" lion mound that stood in the Serengeti plain, but did anyone here experience that? I hope the passion for Africa this park instilled in me as a boy decades ago, is in some form, passed onto the next generation of Busch fans.

Even the best walking shoe will not carry you unless you take the first step... well done BGT !!

1000002979.png 1000002982.png 1000002980.png

Here's some photos of the real Lion Park & Lesedi Cultural Village.


1000002983.png 1000002985.png
1000002987.png
 

Attachments

  • 1000002983.png
    1000002983.png
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000002987.png
    1000002987.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 1000002987.png
    1000002987.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad