Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Neat article chronicling this project from the POV of the architectural firm hired to design it:

Nice find! And I agree on how it's definitely worth a read.

Some interesting design ideas mentioned in the article - which are so easy to overlook while at the park - but help add that little extra bit of theming to Tumbili and the area:
  • At night, a custom lighting package designed by Visual Terrain simulates a campfire, with the flickering light reflecting up into the ride’s structure.
  • Strings of lights are strung between poles and softly fade in and out as though being powered by a cranky generator.

I also forgot how the original concept art had the Tumbili logo on each side of the coaster itself - just like all the similar Six Flags models have:

Visual-Terrain-concept.png

So I wonder if the park has been holding off on placing an actual Tumbili logo for the ride, waiting to bring in some equipment to hoist it up (on both sides) during the off-season; where if it was large enough, like in that image, would make for a nice addition to the KD skyline.

In the airtime thrills discord last night, someone came in spewing that anaconda is closing next year and the land from volcano and anaconda will be utilized to build the wing concept
I’m not taking any of this as fact, just it was
Interestingly specific
Any thoughts?
Because I know damn well they’re keeping it around for a few years

Reactions: Mwe BGW
In the airtime thrills discord last night, someone came in spewing that anaconda is closing next year and the land from volcano and anaconda will be utilized to build the wing concept
I’m not taking any of this as fact, just it was
Interestingly specific
Any thoughts?
Because I know damn well they’re keeping it around for a few years
That would close off flight of fear and i305. So no way.

Realistically, that'd have to be one long and tall coaster (or multi-launch) to cover that much area. It'd have made far more sense to build a giga like I-305 on such a large set of land plots, but I don't see another big coaster like that coming.

Definitely feel like Jungle X is a big success for KD. The crowds seem to really enjoy Tumbili or at least stopping and watching it cycle like Griffon at BGW. Seems like it always has a decent queue at least during Haunt of course it’s capacity will cause it to always have a line if the park is remotely busy. I certainly enjoy taking a spin on it if the queue isn’t full. Not a ride I’m always going to ride each visit unless I’m with somebody that wants to.

The Reptilian retheme I think was very good for Avalanche as well it seems like the main 3 rides of Jungle X are all relatively popular with guests. Outpost Cafe is as good as or better than Grain & Grill depending on one’s tastes (the meal plan move for me is if my path works out I prefer to hit both in one day). Let’s Get Wild was a fantastic show and added a lot of life to that area when it was going on. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the Site X scare zone I haven’t watched the show for Haunt unfortunately.

Looking forward to the future of Jungle X-Pedition. I’d like to see one of these Zamperla flat packages Cedar Fair is investing in on top of the Volcano coaster replacement. It’s a very odd section as a whole ride makeup wise. It’s literally 6 roller coasters and a scrambler. Nothing wrong with that ultimately just a weird make up for a section. Also the “Always Be Discovering” on the back of the sign is a very nice touch.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad