Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I am interested to see if that center stage, and this is just an idea, is one of those that can be raised/lowered…

I think the better question to ask here is why is Reptilian a 5 rating on the thrill scale?
Honestly, it can really pull some serious G's for the type of ride that it is..... I've had times where I didn't grey out but got a bit light headed for a moment. Granted, it's very momentary but maybe that's why...... It's the only guess that I can make. I honestly really would like to know how Cedar Fair comes up with those ratings though..... they always do seem, well, odd.

Honestly, it can really pull some serious G's for the type of ride that it is..... I've had times where I didn't grey out but got a bit light headed for a moment. Granted, it's very momentary but maybe that's why...... It's the only guess that I can make. I honestly really would like to know how Cedar Fair comes up with those ratings though..... they always do seem, well, odd.
On my first ever visit I QUESTIONED why Backlot was rated a 5. This was before I rode it of course and hadn't compared what I see in YouTube POVs to real ride experience.

On my first ever visit I QUESTIONED why Backlot was rated a 5. This was before I rode it of course and hadn't compared what I see in YouTube POVs to real ride experience.
That's actually another really good example of a ride that has some strong forces that most of us enthusiasts don't really notice because of our long lists of credits..... But to the typical visitor it may take them by surprise when being compared to the short list of coasters they have been on.

I don't know if any of us could really figure out their scale properly because we are so far removed from what the typical visitor's experience and history is.

We wandered up to the media event right as Tumbili went down. I have to say that the area looks great and I really like the various ride logos. The use of music and audio is really good, as well.

I think it is probably a great flat to replace the Crypt.

I‘m not a huge fan of most of the merch, but there were a few good shirts.

There are some locations that haven’t opened yet, and they appear to have been stripped literally down to the studs.

I can certainly believe that people count at the park today, as it was a ghost town up till that 1pm closing.

Tumbili is a really impressive addition the skyline; especially where with no leaves on the trees, you can see it from quite the distance. (I unfortunately was not one of the lucky 16 to ride it)
IMG_5388.jpg

I was a bit disappointed with the Arachnidia theming additions. I was hoping for more than just a simple new paint job. And on Monday's Coaster101 podcast, Tony mentioned how the ride's cement had been repoured, with some stampings/carvings in the cement. But alas, it was only where they re-did the drainage that received new cement, and a few arachnid stampings. But any new attention to such an old classic is welcome I guess.

IMG_5402.jpeg
IMG_5403.jpeg

I must admit that Reptilian looks fantastic; as just look at how awesome the paint job is. -Will be interesting to see how long the paint lasts, given normal wear from the train.

IMG_5397.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpeg

At the restrooms, when entering Jungle X-Pedition, the new posters for the current and past attractions are very cool.

IMG_5405.jpeg
IMG_5406.jpeg
IMG_5408.jpeg
IMG_5409.jpeg

And outside the Jungle Eatery (Hungry Hippo), my son found a new favorite activity (see attached video clip) at the "Flat Rock" addition noted yesterday, on the park map. If this is the new stage area, it is not elevated in the slightest. However my son enjoys it, because KD now has a year-round maze, instead of just during Haunt 😉

Attachments

• IMG_5385.mov
    5.3 MB
I can certainly believe that people count at the park today, as it was a ghost town up till that 1pm closing.

Tumbili is a really impressive addition the skyline; especially where with no leaves on the trees, you can see it from quite the distance. (I unfortunately was not one of the lucky 16 to ride it)
View attachment 26169

I was a bit disappointed with the Arachnidia theming additions. I was hoping for more than just a simple new paint job. And on Monday's Coaster101 podcast, Tony mentioned how the ride's cement had been repoured, with some stampings/carvings in the cement. But alas, it was only where they re-did the drainage that received new cement, and a few arachnid stampings. But any new attention to such an old classic is welcome I guess.

View attachment 26170
View attachment 26171

I must admit that Reptilian looks fantastic; as just look at how awesome the paint job is. -Will be interesting to see how long the paint lasts, given normal wear from the train.

View attachment 26172
View attachment 26173

At the restrooms, when entering Jungle X-Pedition, the new posters for the current and past attractions are very cool.

View attachment 26174
View attachment 26175
View attachment 26176
View attachment 26177

And outside the Jungle Eatery (Hungry Hippo), my son found a new favorite activity (see attached video clip) at the "Flat Rock" addition noted yesterday, on the park map. If this is the new stage area, it is not elevated in the slightest. However my son enjoys it, because KD now has a year-round maze, instead of just during Haunt 😉
Is a rebuild of the mountain in the cards or are they just paying homage to the past.

317 people were in the park today.

A grand total of 16 got to ride Tumbili before it closed.
I'd guess that 200 of those people absolutely knew this was how this was going to play out but just gambled with the possibility of being one of the first to ride Tumbili. Usually I'm with the people that went to a park that closed on them suddenly like this but in this case there isn't anyway that you didn't see this coming. KD just didn't want to close on opening day and, if they did, a large chunk of the large group of people that stayed home because they themselves decided to avoid the weather would have actually flipped out that the park closed and didn't let them visit.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad