Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right from a video for TTD, they were concerned about the catwalk railing at the top being an inch or two within the envelope defined by Ohio's regulations, something that may not have been considered by the fabrication shop in Europe if they had to make a minor modification to a design for whatever reason. In the end, it was ok and they didn't need to modify the railing.

Reactions: ControlsEE
The app Snapchat has a a map of the world where people can upload “stories” which are photos or videos to that specific area for the public to view. Employees will occasionally post content from their own personal account that aren't supposed to be view by the public. I’ve seen numerous videos of construction, behind the scenes of HOS, as well as just photos of the park in off season.

Back to Pantheon, not sure if this is helpful information, but it seems like a little less than a month went by between the pull through for Cheetah Hunt to full on testing with water dummies. Pantheon is obviously the more complex ride and is in a totally different climate, but this timeline should help determine when we could see testing.

I just opened Snapchat and I don't know where this map thing is. How do I get to it? Or is that not possible in the app? I do see it on the website: https://map.snapchat.com/

I just opened Snapchat and I don't know where this map thing is. How do I get to it? Or is that not possible in the app? I do see it on the website: https://map.snapchat.com/
It is Possible In the app. When you first open the app and you are on the screen where you take photos “swipe” down. This will open the map. Where ever there are “highlighted” areas someone has posted something. Hope this helps!

In pull through testing do they release the train to go down the hills? Or is the crane attached the back of the train to lower it down slowly?

I think usually it's a gradual descent so they can stay in control - if they just let it go, they'd have to rig up something to catch it

Reactions: Zachary
In pull through testing do they release the train to go down the hills? Or is the crane attached the back of the train to lower it down slowly?
They use manual winches, come-alongs, and ratchet straps to slowly inch the train along the track. Sometimes a crane or forklift will help too. The workers are in buckets along side checking everything on the train every time they move it.

I think I die a little bit inside every time someone on FB asks if Pantheon is going to be open preview weekend.
I will do you one better I saw a comment on a Williamsburg group that someone was telling everyone that the ride was broke and stuck cause they noticed the train on the top hat last night and again this morning. They said that since ed it was already broken they would never feel safe riding and that no one else should either. Please keep repeating that so the line is shorter when it does open was my response.

I will do you one better I saw a comment on a Williamsburg group that someone was telling everyone that the ride was broke and stuck cause they noticed the train on the top hat last night and again this morning. They said that since ed it was already broken they would never feel safe riding and that no one else should either. Please keep repeating that so the line is shorter when it does open was my response.
oh, I don’t agree but I do agree. Just say none of the coaster in Festa are safe.?

I'm hearing from people at the park that part of the reason that they have not narrowed down the opening beyond Spring yet is because they are currently going to be ready to open either the last week of April or the 1st week of May. Due to this they are holding off until it becomes clearer when they will be ready to open.

I'm hearing from people at the park that part of the reason that they have not narrowed down the opening beyond Spring yet is because they are currently going to be ready to open either the last week of April or the 1st week of May. Due to this they are holding off until it becomes clearer when they will be ready to open.

Well fuck

Reactions: Le Moose
Much less damage to any structure you happen to hit, if a little “finger” of wood snaps off instead of a solid piece staying intact and denting your nice station wall, fence, or minor structural member.

I'm going to guess that the solid piece of wood represents the ride envelope which is actually required and the "fingers" are just there to indicate that they have some extra space.

Here's a couple of pictures from BGT when they did the pull-through of Cheetah Hunt. As it says in the article I linked, the extensions (for BGT - bars with a curved wire) are to simulate a rider's reach so they don't come in contact with anything. Despite the tests on Millennium, they had to go back and adjust a support that was still too close.

cheetah-pull-through-2.jpg

cheetah-pull-through-1024x716.jpg

Any idea how far they have gotten since yesterday?

...because they are currently going to be ready to open either the last week of April or the 1st week of May.
Also remember that Official opening =/= when guests are first allowed to ride it. They may plan a May 1 Opening, but have a soft opening as early as the weekend of April 17-19. Verbolten was open what, one? two? weekends before the official opening?

Last edited:
Reactions: TLancaster
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad