Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newest site plan clearly shows it’s only lockers unfortunately.

I wish the “Tempesto Shop” was getting an overhaul to make it more applicable to Apollo, Pantheon, and Tempesto but alas, no evidence of that thus far.
That's all just decorations though. Easily enough for the park to change it out.

I would argue that it is more than just decor. That shop has actually done a good job of selling not only Tempesto merchandise, but also products that suit the ride's theme.

I would argue that it is more than just decor. That shop has actually done a good job of selling not only Tempesto merchandise, but also products that suit the ride's theme.

Yeah, but it all would be easy enough to convert if the park had the appetite for it. I just haven’t heard anything indicating that’s happening yet.

Reactions: Le Moose
James City County responded to my request for the newly amended Pantheon site plan. The new shed is off to the side of the second launch area. Definitely not public-facing. The only noteworthy changes I've spotted talking it over with @Travis... and @Jahrules are some queue widening (in blue on page 2) and a ton of really excellent looking planting plans (page 3).

View attachment 22260
View attachment 22261
View attachment 22262
I would expect that this landscape plan is just to get County approval. The plant selection is generally poor and in no way reflects any theming with plants. In the past PGAV would do a boilerplate plan as this and either in house or outsourced designers would come up with a real plan.

I would expect that this landscape plan is just to get County approval. The plant selection is generally poor and in no way reflects any theming with plants. In the past PGAV would do a boilerplate plan as this and either in house or outsourced designers would come up with a real plan.

I actually had someone down at the JCC offices tell me basically this exact thing previously—that BGW rarely actually ends up following the landscaping plans they submit to the county. The park still complies with all the replanting rules and regulations as far as I’m aware, but it’s my impression that yes, landscaping plans submitted by the park should be taken with a grain of salt—we should expect them to change considerably by the time we get to execution.

I actually had someone down at the JCC offices tell me basically this exact thing previously—that BGW rarely actually ends up following the landscaping plans they submit to the county. The park still complies with all the replanting rules and regulations as far as I’m aware, but it’s my impression that yes, landscaping plans submitted by the park should be taken with a grain of salt.
They generally do much more than the submitted plan and at least try to do theming with plant material. The submitted plans for past attractions in no way reflect the final product, thank goodness.

Is it a bad sign that their current official map doesn't have Pantheon with a "coming soon" tag on it?

It's not a special event specific map like they did for the last few events, since it has all the attractions that aren't running on it as well.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Map.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Mushroom
Is it a bad sign that their current official map doesn't have Pantheon with a "coming soon" tag on it?

It's not a special event specific map like they did for the last few events, since it has all the attractions that aren't running on it as well.

View attachment 22277
I doubt it means anything. Finnegan’s Flyer still has the NEW! Tag over it.

Reactions: Twisted_Airtime
I'm 90% sure this is just the old map that BGW has not updated on there website. I remember seeing this back before they started doing the events, I'm sure BGW is looking at it like "why do we have to make a new map for the st Patrick's event if the whole park is going to be open" and are just reusing the 2019 map until they know when pantheon is going to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad