Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower?

Mushroom said:
Please note that I am not in the "We're getting a giant coaster" camp, but to play devil's advocate here, coaster track could easily cross the Rhine nowadays without putting a single footer in or near the water. Modern coaster designs like the thick box spine on B&M track and strong steel trusses on Intamin provide enough support for long stretches of track.

66826c4016ad6804c41bbc47306518a8.jpg

Just a counterpoint here:
That's a span over a lift hill, not a section of the ride that sees the forces of a train running across it. Someone far smarter than me could explain it, but even some of the strongest sections of track outside a lift hill rarely span more than 75-100 feet.

Besides, that span is 135 feet. Clearing the Rhine would be 215 feet at minimum. That's quite the jump.

A few pages back there were some bold claims about work taking place inside Drachen Fire's maintenance and station buildings for Project Madrid. I can now confirm that this claim is false. All the work that had taken place thus far on those buildings has been for Howl-O-Scream preparation only.

MadridBot said:
Station work has already started. It can be clearly seen by the train. The drachen fire station lights have been turned on for the past few days. Electrical trucks are in the festhaus park. If you know what to look for, it can be seen.
Ah, yes I do see it now.  Work for Howl-O-Scream, and you becoming a more reliable source.

When I was on the train ride last Thursday, I noticed the work around the Drachen Fire Station and Festhaus. There was a backhoe by DF's Station and a few ends of an orange cable/casing sticking out of the ground closer to the Festhaus. The casing was similar to what a phone or cable company uses to run telephone or cable lines in neighborhoods or beside roadways. Not sure if this has anything to do with Zachary or Madridbot's posts, but just thought I would share....

Reactions: jornor and Cthru3

All I meant by work on the station was electrical work. HoS prep has never seen electrical wiring in that area. Zach, wherever you got that information, I think it's far fetched. Why would HoS prep take place in an area that isn't participating in HoS. I should have clarified my post about station work. Structural work has not started, electrical work has.

Reactions: jornor

Lumberhacked is right there, so the idea of work near there for HoS is totally reasonable.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
Lumberhacked is right there, so the idea of work near there for HoS is totally reasonable.

Underground electrical wiring so close to the train wouldn't make sense for lumberhacked. Lumberhacked is deeper in the area. I did question lumberhacked, but the work is in and around the station.

MadridBot said:
All I meant by work on the station was electrical work. HoS prep has never seen electrical wiring in that area. Zach, wherever you got that information, I think it's far fetched. Why would HoS prep take place in an area that isn't participating in HoS. I should have clarified my post about station work. Structural work has not started, electrical work has.

Is there any proof new electrical work in the DF station? All we have seen evidence of is the removal of Bitten sets.

MadridBot said:

MadridBot - with all due respect, Zach is correct on HoS, and whatever "information" you may have is inaccurate. I cannot be sure by reading these posts that you have even truly visited Busch Gardens Williamsburg, or if you have, you may not understand the nature of prep-work for attractions, seasonal events like HoS, and other changes that go on there. Nothing going on at that site is related to this attraction, and electrical work surely isn't going to clearly signal anything of the sort for this project.

Your observations and information are clouding the discussion in a way that I fear is going to impair your credibility on this forum. Zach and the other moderators have given us years of near-perfect, reliable information on attractions well before the park says a word. I know you may be new, and I don't want to seem too acidic, but there is a lot of fiction and not much fact that is fed by unchecked speculation and baseless observations, and the less of that we have, the better. I know this is the rumors section, but the folks who contribute information here have been perennial members of the BGWfans community with a knack for substantive backing, which is worth its weight in gold when it comes to rumored future attractions at a park we love so dearly.

Please remember these points of advice as we move forward to a discussion that will one day reveal the truth of whatever 2019 is to bring.

Nicole said:
MadridBot said:

Is there any proof new electrical work in the DF station? All we have seen evidence of is the removal of Bitten sets.

Direct proof is not something I have. I do have someone who is working inside the station, and once again the contractor I have spoken of many times.

MadridBot said:
Direct proof is not something I have. I do have someone who is working inside the station, and once again the contractor I have spoken of many times.

No problem. That's easy to address. You may contact one of the moderators offline to let them know of the contractor your contact works for, which will help validate what they're doing there, what associated permits were pulled for the work, and whether their firm has done any major attraction work in the park before... Protect your source, as well as let a moderator say this is likely something else, or we should all reserve judgement on the rest of the contact's claims until more can be confirmed...

Speaking of permits, you may wish to check with JCC about what's been pulled. I suspect what you find will reinforce Zachary's post versus your contact's claims. ;)

Reactions: Shane and warfelg

MadridBot said:
All I meant by work on the station was electrical work. HoS prep has never seen electrical wiring in that area.

Not true. Even things like mazes need electrical, even if they are for seemingly mundane things like fire alarms. And those require electrical permits.

thopping said:
Not true. Even things like mazes need electrical, even if they are for seemingly mundane things like fire alarms. And those require electrical permits.

I'm sure they need things like emergency lighting, exit lights, fire alarms, communications (being "remote" from the rest of the park). All the extra stands that need to go back there need it. And heck, maybe the fireworks are becoming a permanent fixture in the park and they need to run a long term solution back there for the synchronization station.

Reactions: thopping

Exactly. :)  And all of that work has a value, which would be substantially less than that of electrical work to, hypothetically, retrofit a station for a new coaster...   So if the value of the work needs to be declared anywhere...

Point is, I believe Zachary is on pretty good footing here.  :)  And it would be pretty easy to do some of your own checking, even if you don't let the admins help, to see whether their contact's information makes sense in the context of other data...before going out on a limb linking it to larger rumors.

Reactions: warfelg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad