Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t imagine pantheon being open for CT. It is going to be the fastest coaster in the park which would make it the most uncomfortable. I imagine BGW will stick with invadr and verbolten because they are more appealing to families and are more comfortable to ride.

Pantheon will likely not run in the winter during Christmas Town unless it has been specifically designed to run in colder temperatures. Electronics such as proximity sensors and other components (which there will be thousands of on Pantheon) fail in colder temperatures and it just becomes a pain to operate in the cold.

The B&Ms in the park should all be able to run safely at 40 degrees or above, but it comes down to family popularity (CT being a family event) and maintenance.

Reactions: Zachary
The B&Ms in the park should all be able to run safely at 40 degrees or above, but it comes down to family popularity (CT being a family event) and maintenance.
I think that's it right there.. Christmas Town is more of a laid back event for Busch that is way more about the scenery and shows than it is about thrills. Sure, they have a couple coasters open for us enthusiasts, but a majority of the guests are families that want to have a Christmas experience. Pantheon is going to be a high-intensity coaster that probably won't get much footfall from the people who attend CT.

^^ That's because enthusiasts don't come because coasters are closed. They also don't spend near as much money as the crowd they're trying to pull in.

I think the last year they ran Griffon, ice in the pool was a big problem, even if it peeked above 40 during the day. I'd go below 40 on coasters, but not much further, especially as here that leaves a lot of time.

Reactions: ijerngvidsnvk
Like was mentioned before, even if it's 50° it's freezing on most of these rides and that makes for an unpleasant experience and pushes ridership lower. VB is indoors for half the ride so it can get away with it and Invadr is slower than the rest so it isn't as bad as others would be.

Also coasters are pretty loud and can ruin the ambiance in the village during CT. I'm not sure how big of a factor this is though.

The bottom line though is that BGW doesn't run rides because they can't from both a comfort standpoint and a technical standpoint. The park would definitely prefer to have more rides open because it increases capacity in the park if you can have 10,000 people in queue lines. That's why you see the park close the front gates more during CT than any other time of the year. I thinks we might see the park attempt to run it next year but they could decide during the event to be longer run it or it may only run the one year because guest feedback says that it's uncomfortable during cold weather.

So Pantheon....

The speed issue - my $0.02 - having just a 'record breaking' coaster is tough anymore, so finding these niche records to 'break' (fastest 4 launch with 2 inversions) is a way to advertise something exciting (fastest 4 launch coaster) to drive interest, while downplaying the qualifier (with 2 inversions) is just 'good marketing'. Especially in this case since the 'record holder' is SwD is in China, and the likelyhood of the average park go-er knowing about it, then riding it, is fairly low.

Reactions: Adam
From my recollection, B&M recommends shutting down below 40, Verbolten was 36, Mach Tower and LNM were 32 (These were the major rides that were there while I worked there). Park instructed us to B-Call the supervisor every time the temp dropped a degree starting at 5 degrees above the shutdown temp. Immediately stop loading as soon as the shutdown temp was reached. As to Intamin's shutdown temps, I don't know. BGW pretty much follows almost every recommendation from the manufacturers, so whatever Intamin tells them as a lowest operating temp, I'm sure they will follow. If there is anyone from KD or a CF park on here that knows what Intamin recommends, please let us know.

Missed opportunity to have a lights strung up in the cave section and put a santa hat on Nessie..

Reactions: ijerngvidsnvk
I am not sure if anyone has access to it; but, is there a map of what planting is to be done after primary construction is complete? I am just curious about how the aesthetic is going to look. I am praying for something more than Invadr 2.0. I have always given BGW props when it comes to presentation , especially the landscaping. But Invadr and FF are lacking .

Reactions: tursiops
I am not sure if anyone has access to it; but, is there a map of what planting is to be done after primary construction is complete? I am just curious about how the aesthetic is going to look. I am praying for something more than Invadr 2.0. I have always given BGW props when it comes to presentation , especially the landscaping. But Invadr and FF are lacking .

@Thomas posted these a while back. It is not the entire coaster site but "major areas". I agree, their last efforts are considerably lacking.

For those wondering about temp, I can say that Volcano did not have a minimum operating temp that I knew of. If it was ever around 38°F we would do a few more empty trains to warm the ride up and load half trains for the first 30 minutes. I remember one time we ran Volcano below 32°F for a haunt promo. Aside from one rollback, they vetoed me and filled a train too soon, she ran fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad