Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: June 2017 Height Waiver: New Hamlet? Madrid?

I sure hope it isn't going to be a Windseeker clone. Wasn't that the point of Mach Tower? I remember when it was new, Busch Gardens advertised the reason why Mach Tower rotated was to see the skyline and views from high above. I hope a giga but that might over shadow Apollo's Chariot.

Reactions: jornor and Dylon

Let me rephrase, does Mack have a model that supports 300ft?

Reactions: jornor

The Flash is the tallest Mack I've heard of at 230 ft. But I'd have to agree with Shane.....Money talks, and by the looks of this coaster, they have the means.

https://youtu.be/H2hY0feyRNo

I saw that. I'm not saying it's not possible, especially with the right amount of money, I'm just curious if Mack has the technical ability yet.

I believe that this will be a new B&M coaster and I'm thinking Drachen Fire inspired.

i pray every second its not a swing lol I mean what else goes 300ft that isint a drop tower or swing? All thats left is a coaster. I thought i saw somewhere that mach tower is as high as they are allowed to build. It was hard for them to get permits for mach

Reactions: Flyer and jornor

Not saying we're getting a Fun Time StarFlyer, but this was too suspicious not to mention.

Attachments

• Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Image 5.jpg
    Image 5.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Image 6.jpg
    Image 6.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 166

I hate to be cynical again, but I think the possibility of this not being a coaster is more than reasonable.  Any coaster that is over 300 feet tall is going to require a huge footprint. Even if they get rid of all the pastures, it still wouldn't be big enough. It could cross over the Rhine into FHP or the undeveloped land, but I'm not sure the infrastructure is ready for that.

That's also not to mention that the park has had (technically) two coasters in the last few years and the park might want to increase the diversity of their ride collection.

That being said, if this is a star swinger or observation tower, BGW is one of the best parks for it. Hell, a view from that high would make me want to go to Xmas town.

Alternatively, are we sure they the height test was in Festa and not FHP? They're really not that far from each other.

Yes the height test was in Festa Field. It was where the star is located on this image:
attachment.php

Pretzel Kaiser said:
I hate to be cynical again, but I think the possibility of this not being a coaster is more than reasonable.  Any coaster that is over 300 feet tall is going to require a huge footprint. Even if they get rid of all the pastures, it still wouldn't be big enough. It could cross over the Rhine into FHP or the undeveloped land, but I'm not sure the infrastructure is ready for that.

That's also not to mention that the park has had (technically) two coasters in the last few years and the park might want to increase the diversity of their ride collection.

That being said, if this is a star swinger or observation tower, BGW is one of the best parks for it. Hell, a view from that high would make me want to go to Xmas town.

Alternatively, are we sure they the height test was in Festa and not FHP? They're really not that far from each other.

You can ride Mach tower during Christmas town and get the same effect as you would on a star flyer. The only difference is you're 240ft in the air or so not 315ft.

Looking at the star on the map, doesn't that seem awfully close to the Rhine River to be a 315ft flat ride? 1. It seems odd that they would put it in a spot that is not centrally located in the field (i.e. it is not the "centerpiece" of the new area). 2. That spot is right on the edge of undevelopable slopes, so it seems like a lot of hassle to try to engineer a foundation solid enough to hold up a 300+ ft tower on the edge of such steep slopes.  I have attached an image with the JCC contours for that area, with the red dot as an approximate location of the balloon test. Note, I tried to match this as closely as possible with the documents BGWFans has provided, but I couldn't match it exactly, so I made the dot large enough to encompass an area that I feel was close to the spot.

Attachments

• Contour Location.png
    Contour Location.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad