Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intamin manufactures their track through european contractors and ships it into the US. Also if we're going by the spinal structure of the top hat there's not enough connections between the supports and the track to definitively claim a 200+ foot height.

There's only 5 support connections and 5 segments of track between the start and the peak of the top hat so I would say at most this ride has a max height of 180 feet, but due to the spacing between the supports it likely will be more in line with Parc Asterix's height at around 140-150 feet.

Reactions: Lord_Etho
After reading the article, my initial reaction is "Holy crap! Verbolten is really 8 years old? Seems like I remember it opening yesterday!" ?

Reactions: Greggles and Nicole
Goes too slow over those banked hills in this

giphy.gif

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
I like the interpretation. Certainly throwing a lot at you. An ol' guy like me probably wouldn't whine, but I agree that it needs to jack up the speed on some of those banks. If it's this slow IRL, being in Italy, it could be named "Bradipo".?

What bothers me is that based on the new plans it clearly looks like you go under track after you make the banked ravine turn. It does look like fun but I think there's some issues with it still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-200232.png
    Screenshot_20190314-200232.png
    823.3 KB · Views: 1
What bothers me is that based on the new plans it clearly looks like you go under track after you make the banked ravine turn. It does look like fun but I think there's some issues with it still.

I believe the first launch is upward and enters immediately into the Zero-G roll. The creator of the video likely did not realize that.

weird question, but we are mostly assuming/pretty sure that this ride is going to be the same model as the 2021 parc asterix coaster right? why is this coaster coming out before then? has it simply been under development for much longer than the parc asterix coaster?

Prototypes are cheaper.

Not necessarily. the only times I recall manufacturers giving special deals for first rides (of their kind, from the company) are Voyage @ Holiday World, New Texas Giant @ SFoT, and Raptor @ Gardaland. Voyage and Texas Giant were because those parks already had established relationships with personnel from that manufacturer, and Raptor was a production agreement between the park and B&M due to it being the prototype Wing Rider. Outside of those three I'm not aware of any sort of special discount or production agreement between a manufacturer and a park for a first of its kind ride.

@sereniv They've been doing the forward/backward/forward launch thing for a few years with Soaring with Dragon. It's the quick switch track thingie that's unique. Something tells me it's been bantered about behind the scenes for quite a while.

Reactions: sereniv
Not necessarily. the only times I recall manufacturers giving special deals for first rides (of their kind, from the company) are Voyage @ Holiday World, New Texas Giant @ SFoT, and Raptor @ Gardaland. Voyage and Texas Giant were because those parks already had established relationships with personnel from that manufacturer, and Raptor was a production agreement between the park and B&M due to it being the prototype Wing Rider. Outside of those three I'm not aware of any sort of special discount or production agreement between a manufacturer and a park for a first of its kind ride.

KD's Hypersonic XLC was a prototype deal as well.

Reactions: belsaas and b.mac
Ok, after closer review here my guess (Admins - we should start a pool with the closest getting...ah...I don't know..ah...a Ride Pin collection with lanyard).

Spike- 210 ft.
Top Hat - 180 ft.
Top speed - 76.5mph

If I read the topo map right, the first drop would be 5 ft longer than Apollo as well as being faster. And the spike would be 5 ft taller than Griffin making it the tallest.

Here's another NL2 interpretation posted a few hours ago. A faster run and the "after first launch" segment followed the plans. Very well put together and bonus points for the added scenery and ambiance...and the BGWFans cameo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/AuVtdTnp2Dw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad