Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hmm. They look like great additions on their own, although I’m not sure how I feel about the fun-for-all-ages Big Wave being replaced by two mostly kid-centric attractions. I was hoping there would be something more for older guests.

Then again, it’s not like Big Wave was ever open anyways, so it’s not really a loss.

Hmm. They look like great additions on their own, although I’m not sure how I feel about the fun-for-all-ages Big Wave being replaced by two mostly kid-centric attractions. I was hoping there would be something more for older guests.

Then again, it’s not like Big Wave was ever open anyways, so it’s not really a loss.

True, and the new restaurant will be nice!

I was expecting to be "meh" about this announcement, but god, this is considerably worse than even I was anticipating...

Not only are both of the attraction additions geared very, very young, but the theme is also totally and completely uninspired. Cedar Fair has been going through their water park portfolio lately and trying to customize their offerings and themes to their local markets which I think is a brilliant idea... And then we get this—literally the single most generic water park theme possible. Disappointing.

I still have a feeling this whole addition was planned at the last minute because of Big Wave’s unexpected demise. I guess we’re seeing what a rushed project looks like.

This addition will bring some life to that back corner of the water park again, which hasn't seen anything new since 2007's Zoom Flume. I would have liked to see a mat racer included though either nearby Coconut Shores or up front where Tornado once was. Even the 4 lane model like Worlds of Fun is getting would have been nice.

Oh well, this just means Cedar Fair has more money to put towards Volcano's eventual replacement. Bring on 2021 (hopefully).

Some of y’all’s reactions are taking me back to the 2017 Planet Snoopy Expansion fiasco.... we can agree that this is better than THAT was, right?

Some of y’all’s reactions are taking me back to the 2017 Planet Snoopy Expansion fiasco.... we can agree that this is better than THAT was, right?

I’m not mad or anything, there’s just nothing about this expansion I’m really excited about. It’s just not designed to appeal to people in most of our demographics.

This addition will bring some life to that back corner of the water park again, which hasn't seen anything new since 2007's Zoom Flume. I would have liked to see a mat racer included though either nearby Coconut Shores or up front where Tornado once was. Even the 4 lane model like Worlds of Fun is getting would have been nice.

Oh well, this just means Cedar Fair has more money to put towards Volcano's eventual replacement. Bring on 2021 (hopefully).

Exactly, people really need to look at the bigger picture here. I already see tons of people are complaining about the park getting something new when Valleyfair just got Grand Carnivale as their "New for 2020" attraction.

Are they keeping the soak city splash house too?

This looks to be a replacement. I assume they’ll take the old Splash House footprint and expand into the woods in front of Big Wave.

I will say, this addition should bring a lot of beauty and landscaping to that back part of Soak City, which still has a very early-2000s Paramount feel right now.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad