Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I was there Friday and then Sunday.

Friday, the pop started way out at the ticket booths and didn't stop until Heatherdowns. "I'm telling you nooooow... I'm telling you nooooow..." Even my elementary-age daughters were sick of it within 20 minutes. It just doesn't fit well. It has been that way for years though, at this point.

Sunday, it was classical the entire time, almost everywhere, and it was terrific. Much better atmosphere.

I'd like to put in a request for a different rotation of recorded songs in Oktoberfest and the Festhaus. Same theme but different selections. After two visits, even a new visitor hears those pieces in their sleep. But that's a different thread...

I went to the park this weekend and every where I went obnoxious pop music was playing. It felt like kd and it was terrible absolutely takes away from the European classical feel and it was awful. Is this a summer nights thing or does this seem to be the new direction?

First, welcome to the forum! The pop music around the park is for Summer Nights and doesn't start until 6 PM. I'm not a fan but last year was a whole lot worse. This year, each country has its own soundtrack (Ireland and Scotland are the same, though) whereas last year they played the same generic soundtrack throughout the park.

I was there Friday and then Sunday.

I'd like to put in a request for a different rotation of recorded songs in Oktoberfest and the Festhaus. Same theme but different selections. After two visits, even a new visitor hears those pieces in their sleep. But that's a different thread...

Do you mean the regular playlist of traditional Bavarian music? I love the Oktoberfest soundtrack, though I will agree that it's a bit on the short side given the size of the area. Anyway, there is actually a thread on the regular park soundtrack here.

Ok thanks for the info. The summer nights theme is very gimmicky but I guess I can understand the direction. Theme and expirience is huge at busch and it is was seperates the park from all the others. At least Germany had German lyrics I guess that helps a bit.

I was just looking at a playlist of the pop music that played for one year in Oktoberfest somewhere between 2010-11. The music had so many complaints that they reverted the music in Das Festhaus to the regular playlist by the end of the season. This is what I have of the playlist so far. Personally, I think Belsy is alright but I am not a fan of the rest.

What really made me worry about the park's future, though, was Rosenstolz. It's almost as out of place as Rammstein would be, but I assume that it was in lieu of RS.

IMG_0039.jpg

Reactions: jornor
So is the music they are currently rocking (literally) the new standard? I figured with it being Bier Fest it would go to normal, but I noticed each country had very modern music according to their themes. England had Brit rock, Ireland had Irish rock, Italy had like very upbeat Italian singing (not the usual melodic strings), France was upbeat French singing, NF was normal, Germany and Oktoberfest was normal, Scotlan was normal, and Festa was normal.

If this is permanent, I'll miss the wonderful strings in Italy and the classical suites in England.

Reason I am posting this here is because it all had a very pop-vibe. I figured it was all just for Summer Nights but now fear has set in.

I visited the park on Sunday and the majority of thw park was either back to original playlist or something much more tokerable than the original pop I originally questioned. Maybe the summer nights theme drove that but I was pleased to hear some better themes music thia time around. I'm assuming bier fest may be a driving force as Germany was polka themed.

I do appreciate that Summer Nights tried to be more differently themed when it comes to it's "European Pop Music" this year; but I'm glad that most of the "Classical Music" has come back now.

I didn't experience it this year, but last year I thought it was a nice change. It was for Summernights only. They played the traditional tracks in each themed area until about 6:00 and then they switched to one park-wide track during the evening with, pulse-type pop music. I liked that they played the same track everywhere because you could hear the full song as you went through the park.

Busch does have one of the best sound systems of any park except around the bumper cars is a little quiet.

Reactions: jornor and wombat96
So addressing my own earlier statement, since everyone is saying the music is back to normal, is the classic England music gone now? Handel, Vivaldi, all that? Is it just British rock now?

So addressing my own earlier statement, since everyone is saying the music is back to normal, is the classic England music gone now? Handel, Vivaldi, all that? Is it just British rock now?

englands regular music has been a mix of classical and British rock for a few years now.

Now they only play two classical tracks in England and the pop music continues afterward. Italy now also has one or two classical pieces that weren't always there (not the old soundtrack, but similar). I guess that means they heard our complaints but they didn't do enough about it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad