Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
^I agree. I wasn't there but your updates from last year's announcement at Festhaus seemed a lot more exciting than the official one today!

BGW's marketing department should be ashamed of themselves! Especially with all the recent releases of press materials for new rides from other chains like Cedar Fair and Six Flags. They decide to give us a horrible and cheaply produced 30-second promotional video with no POV and only release a few technical details that most of us already knew from leaked plans.

What a way to kill the hype!

Here's a brief rundown since my memory isn't the best right now, if any details are wrong, pleas point them out. I'm not exactly sure of the names either, apologies in advance. There will be a video of the entire thing posted in the future.

1) Mr. Lum comes on stage, talks about a history of rides and the future. References Big Bad Wolf.

2) Guy in charge of Howl-o-Scream comes on stage to talk up the 13th year. He first introduces "The Lady of the Garden" (the zombie woman you see in the advertisements), and she comes on stage with hooded figures. Once he's done introducing her, there's a rather impressive little show where characters from all the houses, scare zones, and shows come on stage and introduces each of them one by one. I'll post my notes about them below. Once he's done going through what's already been announced, he announces Fiends and they come up on stage.

3) Once they're done with HoS, Lum comes back on stage and starts talking Verbolten. Pretty much everything we've seen before, I'll post notes below and in the Verbolten thread. Once he's done talking the story, the name is revealed. It's revealed by the center platform being lowered slowly, with lots of fog, and various engine revving sounds. With all the smoke and sounds combined with the slow lowering, it gave the impression of something being wrong with the car.

4) After that they have the raffle, and a Q&A session.

Notes
1) I think the Lady in the Garden is a great thing, I really hope to see her in a significant way during HoS.

2) The HoS introduction was the highlight of whole thing, check out the video once it's up.

3) It was really stressed that HoS is going to be scarier than previous years, a stern warning was issued to parents that it's not right for kids.

4) The nurses in the Fiends reveal......wow. I believe that the Animaniacs said it best with, "Hellllllllllllo Nurse!". Mini-skirts, garters, and the most cleavage I've seen in a BG costume. They're really pushing the limits.

5) On a similar note, they're going a bit farther with the gore this year as well. Think Hellraiser style for Stitch in Time.

6) The few things we were able to find out about Verbolten in the way of stats were that it will have two launches at 50 mph, it will be taller than the BBW drop but I don't have the exact number, and that it will have the same S-turn.

7) I asked if Mach Tower will have normal operation during Christmas Town, Mr. Lum said that they're looking at normal during the day and an observation mode at night.

8) While they were speaking, he mentioned Europe in the Air as one of the quality rides, which promptly caused our group to giggle, which promptly cause a quick glare at us from Mr. Lum. We also giggled when they made a point of Verbolten opening up on time.

9) Catacombs will be double it's size this year.
Any other questions I can try to answer, but you might want to just wait for the video.

Reactions: CoastercamelRPh
There were already complaints on their facebook page about the nurse costumes. I foresee there being enough whining by parents that they are changed before the end of the season

Shafor said some woman stopped him to complain. I'm afraid you might be right, but they /did/ make it clear that HoS isn't for kids. Maybe they're using the same logic for the shows.

Video is coming soon guys. Waiting on it to render and then I'll be uploading it. Like ScoutN said, the Howl-O-Scream unveil was really, really, excellent. The video won't do it justice- it's something you had to be there for. Also, all the credit for the video goes to Studiopzp, so when I post it, +rep him, not me- all I did was edit it.

I'm glad they announced that after 6, kids should leave. Now, I understand where some of the parents were coming from for today. There really was no warning, not that there needs to be. But kids see/hear/talk about alot worse things, they will survive and be just fine.

If you want to feel embarrassed for humanity, check out the comments on BG's FB page about yesterday. (Gimme, gimme, gimme. It wasn't fair! Whaaaaa.) Keep in mind, these people are raising children.

Shafor said:
If you want to feel embarrassed for humanity, check out the comments on BG's FB page about yesterday. (Gimme, gimme, gimme. It wasn't fair! Whaaaaa.) Keep in mind, these people are raising children.

I have never posted on here before, but I always enjoy reading. However, this post could not be anymore true! i was reading the BG page and was disgusted that people just can't be thankful for what they did do for the passmembers. I was not able to attend because I am out of the country, but it was just sad people act that way.

Bigazgp said:
i was reading the BG page and was disgusted that people just can't be thankful for what they did do for the passmembers.

I couldn't agree more - the increased passmember discount alone is a HUGE gift to us... when they did it in the spring, we finally purchased a German stein and an Irish sweater. Had we been able to make it this weekend, we would have picked up one of the limited edition park smokers...

Haberdasher1973 said:
I couldn't agree more - the increased passmember discount alone is a HUGE gift to us... when they did it in the spring, we finally purchased a German stein and an Irish sweater. Had we been able to make it this weekend, we would have picked up one of the limited edition park smokers...

In the spring I was finally able to get one of the real cuckoo clocks I've been wanting since I was a tiny kid. It was still expensive as heck, but 30% off expensive as heck is a pretty big chunk of change.

I think it's ridiculous how many people are whining because they didn't get some kind of prize, or even more that special prize opportunities were announced on Facebook and Twitter. That argument is even dumber when you realize they're complaining on Facebook and Twitter. You already had that 30%, a special presentation and breakfast (if you took initiative to be there), special previews, and special chances to win. What else do you want? Cash handouts and iPods for all?

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad