Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 31, 2019
Seriously Busch Gardens. It's sunny and the new Flying Finnigan ride has operated 4 times before and after your notifications that the park is temporarily closed. I've always loved Busch Gardens but the past 3 times I've been here have been awful experiences and it's all due to the management. I can go on and on just about today. Beverage and food stands closed. Waited in line for a front porch lemonade but was told they were out. Sangari stand was closed. Waited in line for an hour to ride Verbolten but was kicked off because my son's friend had a small cast for his sprained thumb. The list goes on and on. Busch Gardens isn't what it used to be. I get safety but management is using no intellectual information for their decisions and I think it's their way to save operational costs. I'm written this all from while waiting in the hot sun for them to open the park so my son's 11th birthday isn't a complete loss today.

I wonder if it's due to a lightning strike within the distance they set their warning system to as others have previously suggested on this forum?

Otherwise, you're probably right in that some of the quality issues you're having may be related to cost saving measures?

Looking at a weather app, that's exactly what it was, lightning within close radius. And, unless it's predicted to last for an extremely long time, no one is sent home and they're all getting paid. So no cost savings there.

As for everything else, you have some justified complaints. I'd voice my concerns to Guest Relations.

I think she means for the stands that are closed today, not suprising since its a weekday they have the bare mininum open. Currently on the radar the closest strike is over 35mi away and nothing on track to hit the park for quite a while.

Take if from someone who worked at the park and has handed out a lot of extra free stuff. If you have a complaint, take it to either Guest Relations, or [politely] ask a ride operator to call for the area or group supervisor to voice a complaint. If you are civil with the supervisors, you would be amazed at what free stuff they have at their disposal to give you. Everything from "Ride Re-admittance" cards (One time cut-the-line pass at usually any ride in the park) and free food to VIP tours and encounters. They want you to leave with a smile and as long as the conversation remains civil, you probably will.

As for the cast in particular, the entrance team member should have notified you when you got in the line. If I was responding to that particular complaint in the park, I would have automatically issue a Ride Re-Admittance card, as you already waited in line for a ride, and didn't get to, therefore, you don't have to wait at another ride.

BGW can't help the weather. You know that. I know that. They monitor the more serious storms in the main OPS office in the back and will close certain rides based on distance from the park (30/20/5/3/0 miles I think). When the forecast indicates that the storm will keep guests inside buildings for safety concerns (severe weather within 3 mi) for the rest of the day, they will close the park and clear everyone out early, but that is not a decision they take lightly. No people in the park means no people buying food and merchandise. If there is ANY chance of reopening, even for only 15 minutes before closing, they will stay open.

Hope this helps, sorry for the long response. Again, if you have a complaint, I STRONGLY recommend talking to an ops area or group supervisor. They can help out a lot.

Lets... Not encourage people to do the whole "if I complain, I'll get something for free" if OP feels like they were super wronged then go to Guest Relations and tell them. But do not go there and complain and then expect free stuff.

That's super shitty, and should not be encouraged.

I was in CW around 6 a small but nasty storm rolled through it was deffinately strong enough and close enough to the park to trigger the weather alert. I know it didn't actually hit park but there was heavy rain and the potential for lighting probably at an eye ball guess within 3 miles of the park

Lets... Not encourage people to do the whole "if I complain, I'll get something for free" if OP feels like they were super wronged then go to Guest Relations and tell them. But do not go there and complain and then expect free stuff.

That's super shitty, and should not be encouraged.

Yeah, I thought about posting a note about that on my post. Figured that was self explanatory, as (I would hope) that the Fans of Busch Gardens (I.E. the members on this site) would want to be decent guests at the park and not make false or overexaggerated claims in order to get free stuff. I just know that GR can be a mixed bag, so I suggested the other route for complaint reconciliation.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad