Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Manufacturer
Intamin Amusement Rides

Model
LSM Launch Coaster

Hamlet
Festa Italia (Italy)

Opening Date
March 25th, 2022

Tallest Drop
180ft

Max Height
178ft

Top Speed
73mph

Inversion Count

Launches Advertised

Launch Segments

Launches Experienced

Riders Per Train

Number of Trains

Height Requirement
52–76in

Pantheon is an Intamin-made LSM Launch Coaster that debuted at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on March 25th, 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:
Road the ride yesterday evening. Good lord, did this thing have some really nice ejector time, as compared to the first time I rode it last month. Lost an item, but I'm not too upset; I had fun. The last two rows are the best. The launch hill was something crazy yesterday. If you just let your body loose, your going to get thrown back and forth in that seat. These experiences are late evening/night, when everyone seems to like riding it.

Does anyone else besides me want a pyrotechnics some where in the course?

I just want a KCL Lighting package on it. Ala Hangtime @ KBF

Kingsmill Residents:

Rejection No GIF by Living Puppets

I just want a KCL Lighting package on it. Ala Hangtime @ KBF

But do you think it would still be thrilling if the course was illuminated with light? I kind of like the ride sitting in darkness, after it leaves the spike and propels over the horse shoe. I'd rather have it applied to a dimly lit station at night time. Maybe the station could have a multi-color changing hue throughout the late evening hours.

My idea for the pyrotechnics would be a small flame that shoots when the ride comes down the spike and propels up the horse shoe. It would shoot off again when the ride soars down the horse shoe and enters the first tight angle turn. Then it diminishes, when the train gets close to it.

More theming/lightning around the coaster would be nice.

I finally had a chance to ride Pantheon this week. Fun ride, but what the heck is up with the launching mechanisms? They sounded so loud and vibrated the bottom of the train unlike the launches on Tempesto or Verbolten. Particularly the middle section where you go forward, backward, then forward. I joked with my family after riding that the reason it took so long to open Pantheon was because they couldn't figure out how to stop the coaster from making that noise.

I finally had a chance to ride Pantheon this week. Fun ride, but what the heck is up with the launching mechanisms? They sounded so loud and vibrated the bottom of the train unlike the launches on Tempesto or Verbolten. Particularly the middle section where you go forward, backward, then forward. I joked with my family after riding that the reason it took so long to open Pantheon was because they couldn't figure out how to stop the coaster from making that noise.

That noise is actually VERY standard for these new Intamin LSMs. Listen for it on VelociCoaster and Hagrid's as well. The rattle is almost certainly just the result of so much energy being applied to the train in such a short time span. Pantheon's launches are crazy punchy.

I happen to like it. Certain sounds are going to become standard as the coaster ages. It's still fairly new, so I assume the noise will become more noticeable over the years. Intamin coasters will eventually develop a labored sheading noise, during critical sections of the ride. SFA's Superman Ride of Steel eventually developed a noise on the 3rd hill.

Pantheon in my honest opinion is intense for such a short ride; but that's a good thing. Even on Saturdays the line moves rather quick. Based on my observation of the ride, there is probably still another level it could reach. If you observe the second launch attempt; you'll notice how long the back of the train is on the top of the horse shoe. If the launch were faster, I would assume the back of the train would get whipped down the horse shoe, without having much time to prepare. Please correct me if I'm wrong; but is this possible, if the second attempt were faster?

Based on my observation of the ride, there is probably still another level it could reach.
You are certainly right. Reposting this gif from @zachclarke that I've always loved. Those LSMs have so much more power than they currently use on the ride. When initially testing Pantheon (and during maintenance cycles) you'd see the train FLY over that tophat.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Considering how violent that ejector off the top hat has gotten over the past very hot summer months, I can't imagine the crazyness it'd be going over at the above speed.

You are certainly right. Reposting this gif from @zachclarke that I've always loved. Those LSMs have so much more power than they currently use on the ride. When initially testing Pantheon (and during maintenance cycles) you'd see the train FLY over that tophat.

View attachment 27406

Considering how violent that ejector off the top hat has gotten over the past very hot summer months, I can't imagine the crazyness it'd be going over at the above speed.
It almost overshoots the brake run when it’s running at its hottest; imagine the testing mode as the normal one

Good lord 😮

Time to do a KD style petition. Anyone remember when I305 had the breaks during the first drop? Everyone petitioned that the breaks be removed. Why not start one for Pantheon 2023. Let's send the testing GIF to the park and see if they take notice to it. Everyone who rides this loves the last two rows. Imagine the whip, coming down the horse shoe. That's something I'd love to experience. Maybe the park decided to play it safe for Pantheon's first year. I want the testing GIF to become the 2023 experience.

Good lord 😮

Time to do a KD style petition. Anyone remember when I305 had the breaks during the first drop? Everyone petitioned that the breaks be removed. Why not start one for Pantheon 2023. Let's send the testing GIF to the park and see if they take notice to it. Everyone who rides this loves the last two rows. Imagine the whip, coming down the horse shoe. That's something I'd love to experience. Maybe the park decided to play it safe for Pantheon's first year. I want the testing GIF to become the 2023 experience.

To be clear, are you saying that KD removed the brakes from I305’s first drop because of a petition?

To be clear, are you saying that KD removed the brakes from I305’s first drop because of a petition?

Wrong choice of words. I got excited.

But it was a common thing people were saying at the park. "What would the rides true speed be if the breaks were gone". And eventually KD did it. It was meant to be a joke, but it would be cool to see the speed from the GIF become the 2023 Pantheon.

Wrong choice of words. I got excited.

But it was a common thing people were saying at the park. "What would the rides true speed be if the breaks were gone". And eventually KD did it. It was meant to be a joke, but it would be cool to see the speed from the GIF become the 2023 Pantheon.
My understanding was that the brakes were always intended as a temporary fix till the reprofiled it in the off season but that was before I really followed this so someone more knowledgeable is free to correct me.

Anyone else besides me, crossing their fingers for Pantheon to be included in the Christmas Town ride list? As we know, there are a few fan favorites that the park keeps open for the winter event. Verbolten is one of them. We know, the cold can become a factor and most ride manufactures have a recommendation when the temperature drops too low. What do you think Intamin's recommendations are for Pantheon?

Let's consider a few things. Pantheon does not have a lift. It's first inversion is very small and bunny hops carry it to the multi-launch track. Do you think it's unique variables give it an edge over other long stretched rides that require more momentum to make it through the course? Pantheon would receive more support from the multi-launch sequence. Given it's short course, I'd say that it's safe to operate it in the cold.

If the park could pull this off, I could see increased numbers for Christmas Town. Give or take they don't cut operations if the temperature drops below 50 degrees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
They already hit high capacity for Christmas Town. They don't need to deal with Pantheon to achieve their goals for the event.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad