Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've been thinking about this concept a little more lately and thought I'd throw an idea out there: How out of place would it look to add a recreation of a seaside port/waterfront in place of the majority of the buildings and the fountain? Would it be too out of place for something like BGW?

What I'm thinking is something very similar to SeaWorld Orlando's front entrance. Simulated waves and clear water to imitate the Mediterranean Sea. Perhaps a couple of boats and a dock placed in the water with picnic tables along the path by the water. It would also differentiate this proposed hamlet from San Marco. I'd keep the main eating venue and some shops but the north side of the main center path would be the simulated sea that Pantheon would fly around

I like the idea of something waterfront being that it's Greece and all, but didn't want to use the Rhine as that bit of the lake is heavily visible where Pantheon's drop is and I did not want this to be visible from elsewhere in the park.
I absolutely love this. I've wanted a waterfront hamlet at BGW for a long time. I think a mash up of SeaWorld's entrance and Waterfront would be amazing as Greece.

I've realized the proposed buildings in the posts prior to this one weren't particularly to scale. Below, I have a few updated pictures for this concept with buildings more realistically sized and placed. I'm on the fence about theming the area to a new/expanded Italian themed area or adding Greece as mentioned before. I'd like to see it be Greece simply for new food options.

Below, the colors and shapes represent:
-Blue - New village buildings
-Light Blue - Fountain
-Dark Red - Existing Italy buildings
-Red Line - North edge of Colonial Pipeline uffer
-Brown Line - Fence
-White Line - Curbing/wall
-Gold/White - Pantheon
-Light Grey - Pedestrian footpath
-Dark Grey - Service road

New Village Overview:

Greece.png

San Marco Village Connection:
200' long bridge over Rhine tributary
Italy.png

Pantheon Plaza:

Pantheon.png

Festa Italia Village Connection:
300' long bridge over railroad and service
Festa.png

Now just redo the marketing and theming so that Pantheon further matches Greece (#zeusposeidonhadesathenahermes)

By the way the outerbanked turn would make a fine gateway to the area

Reactions: AIR and Coasternerd
Festa Italia should just be converted to Greece. The Festa theme is lazy and not really European.
Well in that case, let’s just completely redo New France while we’re at it, because that’s not European either! /s

Not gonna happen let’s be honest

Reactions: Mwe BGW
True about New France but at least it is an authentic, well done frontier theme. Festa just looks awful. It’s just fake tents and really nothing else. The Tempesto entrance is the exception.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
In a way, this is really just an elaborate attempt at creating theming for Pantheon mixed with the wish of being able to walk around the ride.

It's really not even that big of a plot of land. It's just big enough to cram this area into. The issue I have with it is if Pantheon had to come out for any reason, this area would look very out of place because the area would be built around the ride, which is different than other areas in the park and their respective coasters.

In a way, this is really just an elaborate attempt at creating theming for Pantheon mixed with the wish of being able to walk around the ride.

It's really not even that big of a plot of land. It's just big enough to cram this area into. The issue I have with it is if Pantheon had to come out for any reason, this area would look very out of place because the area would be built around the ride, which is different than other areas in the park and their respective coasters.

So a BBW-esque facade you can walk through?

Reactions: Coasternerd and AIR
So a BBW-esque facade you can walk through?

Well, more like a functioning mini hamlet just because of the way Pantheon's layout creates an infield of sorts rather than BBW winding layout like a village road. This would feel more like a smaller version of Aquitaine and Griffon's entry/exit area. But, Pantheon would be 360 degrees all around guests and the ride on Pantheon would be flying all around and over top these buildings.

The way I have the bridges and pathway corridors pointed frame guests' attention key parts of Pantheon's layout like the tophat, spike, and both outer bank turns all while keeping the path as straight as possible to avoid navigation confusion.

In essence, the main purpose of this is to create an Italy loop and eliminate the dead end at Roman Rapids. In a way, it also creates new park expansion without using new real estate. I really see no need for this in all reality. It's simply wishful thinking. Nonetheless, I like to envision proposals like this being that it is definitely completely possible to be built and, in my opinion, would enhance the park in a way I would like to see.

Thank you! I'll continue to look over it and develop for fun. The way it stands now, it's not really practical business-wise because there are no rides being added with it. There's no return for a multi-million dollar addition like this. I do believe a large flat ride of some sort should be added with this. Also, after posting the layout, I thought a small theater (Shenanigans Theater size) would be better than the vineyard garden I had drawn.

Like I said, I'll continue to do some research and develop a Greek hamlet that would fit at Busch Gardens. Thanks for the positive responses!
I always said festa should be rethemed to Greece and just replace the theming with temples and structures like you’re in Ancient Greece. This would manage to have both! Excellent work!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad