Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
While I'm not at the park and I can't test it all, here's a brief list of the features in no particular order.

-For both parks.
-List of shows which automatically list the next show time.
-GPS that will show the distance to rides, shows, restrooms, ect.
-Brief description of the animals there.
-It says it has wait times, but I don't see any.
-Access to the camera from inside the app.
-Interactive map.
-Weather, directions, and car finder are also included.

Like:
-Animals; I'm a sucker for them and I'm happy they're included in it for the GP.
-Easy access to the camera.
-The interactive map is neat.

Dislikes:
-None of the coasters have any specs on them, maybe just an enthusiast nitpicking.
-While you can filter what comes up the interactive maps, you can't filter by ride type so it comes out cluttered.
-As I said before, I can't see any wait times, but that might just be because I'm not at the park.
-The quick camera is inferior to the one you get with the phone, no focus at all.

All and all, aimed at the GP, but a nice supplement for the BGW Fans app.

I don't have an Itunes account nor an Iphone, but the info and pictures on the Itunes/Appstore look very promising. I can't wait for the Android App!!!

Check out the app screenshots and info: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/busch-gardens/id452815667?mt=8

It's not- not at all. It's full of bugs and some parts feel like they were taken directly from the BGWFans app and the Android app that one of the members here built. It's actually pretty disappointing- especially when they were so late to the game to begin with.

well 4-6 weeks for the android app from them... Not to say anything about the iOS crowd, but if there's more android users out there, why would you release an app for iOS first? Think about it though, they had it done months maybe weeks ago for it to be available right now. I don't get it. sorry for ranting.

I'm assuming they might be having issues with the android app. Alot of what they have done with the ios app has to be done differently on android of course. I really do hope they do a different layout though. The current one just seems like info is scattered everywhere. Chris's app is laid out much better and is a million times easier to navigate.

Maybe instead of copy/paste, they should have asked for a co-op thing. Would have came out much nicer IMO...

More people on iOS download apps than on Android. There are some fascinating statistics out somewhere.

Swiftman said:
More people on iOS download apps than on Android. There are some fascinating statistics out somewhere.

I know people will spend more on ios app(s) than android. But I think now that activations are up over 550,000 per day, that may not be the case anymore. I personally have seen a huge spike in downloads in the past month, but that could just be pure coincidence.

It seems like Ios people are like xbox people who get there content before ps3 and Droid.
Also do you need internet for the app to work?

Please don't say droid unless referring to an actual droid phone. Its android... Huge pet peeve of mine. Falls in line with Iphone "4g" but I digress...

ios doesn't necessarily get content before android devices. Apple doesn't pay its developers for early content like Microsoft does for Xbox 360 content...
Its more of ios having a larger market before android gained popularity. Both markets are on the same level at this point. I'm under the conclusion the company Busch hired to make its apps either had issues while making the android app or they could only make one at a time. I think it's the latter, since they are giving the 4-6 week release table.

ktmdavid229 said:
Please don't say droid unless referring to an actual droid phone. Its android... Huge pet peeve of mine. Falls in line with Iphone "4g" but I digress...

Please don't spell it as "Iphone". It's iPhone... Huge pet peeve of mine. Falls in line with spelling iOS as "ios" but I digress...

You really should have seen that one coming. ;)

Hahaha ahhh yeah. Should have seen that. That's how I've always spelled it. Makes more sense to me that way... Guess I have it backwards.

^You and everyone else on Verizon Wireless. I hope they actually design this app for Android, I don't want another quick and dirty port of the iPhone app. I'm looking at you Giant Food.

It's funny, if you look on some of the Motorola Droid advertisements, in the fine print it says that "droid" is a licensed trademark or whatever of Lucasfilm.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad