Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Over the years the park has obviously become less green with too much tree removal.

The pipeline right of way is absolutely one of the ugliest parts of any theme park and there is no way this park can claim
the title again without somehow disguising it. Dirt berms, pine trees and wood fences work wonders in disguising ugly parts of a park.

Look at how beautiful the Drachen Fire area was compared to now. Even though there is no attraction there it’s still visible from the train.

Tree removal for Tempesto Finnegabs and Pantheon with no replacements.

The entire Festa area is hideous.

The replacement of Big Bad Wolfs village with a metal show building. No attempt to hide it.

The ugly unhidden part of the empty building that was DarKastke. They did disguise the front but the warehouse is still there.

Lack of theming on new atttractions.

Cramming bad theming of InvadR into what was a scenic area.

If Kings Domininion still had its lake, railroad, the mountain and woods around grizzly, it would be in contention for most beautiful park. It’s tree cover is so much better than BGW even today.

I think the pipeline situation prevents them from doing much to hide it as I don't think they're allowed to build anything new over the sight-line - but perhaps a fence would be possible? Of course, that should fit in with the area theming, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it wouldn't be a wooden privacy fence... Maybe one of those white plastic ones if they're feeling fancy.

However, sometimes they do plant things and they eventually add to the beauty, they just usually start as small plants which take awhile to grow. I thought I saw here that BBW's ride area was scorched earth when it opened, but trees and foliage planted eventually grew in relatively thick.

I think the pipeline situation prevents them from doing much to hide it as I don't think they're allowed to build anything new over the sight-line - but perhaps a fence would be possible? Of course, that should fit in with the area theming, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it wouldn't be a wooden privacy fence... Maybe one of those white plastic ones if they're feeling fancy.

However, sometimes they do plant things and they eventually add to the beauty, they just usually start as small plants which take awhile to grow. I thought I saw here that BBW's ride area was scorched earth when it opened, but trees and foliage planted eventually grew in relatively thick.

Over the years the park has obviously become less green with too much tree removal.

The pipeline right of way is absolutely one of the ugliest parts of any theme park and there is no way this park can claim
the title again without somehow disguising it. Dirt berms, pine trees and wood fences work wonders in disguising ugly parts of a park.

Look at how beautiful the Drachen Fire area was compared to now. Even though there is no attraction there it’s still visible from the train.

Tree removal for Tempesto Finnegabs and Pantheon with no replacements.

The entire Festa area is hideous.

The replacement of Big Bad Wolfs village with a metal show building. No attempt to hide it.

The ugly unhidden part of the empty building that was DarKastke. They did disguise the front but the warehouse is still there.

Lack of theming on new atttractions.

Cramming bad theming of InvadR into what was a scenic area.

If Kings Domininion still had its lake, railroad, the mountain and woods around grizzly, it would be in contention for most beautiful park. It’s tree cover is so much better than BGW even today.
I can’t imagine going to a theme park and being this miserable

I did notice that pantheon’s infield has baby plants planted more along the bank of the river as the hill starts to slope downwards there.

How BGW hasn't fenced in large swaths of the pipeline easement through the middle of the park and converted the space to fields for their livestock is beyond me. It just seems like SUCH an obvious solution. Zoo has land the park wants (see: Pantheon) and the park has land that can't be used for much other than zoo. It seems almost too obvious. It's a cheap opportunity to turn an eyesore into an attraction.

How BGW hasn't fenced in large swaths of the pipeline easement through the middle of the park and converted the space to fields for their livestock is beyond me. It just seems like SUCH an obvious solution. Zoo has land the park wants (see: Pantheon) and the park has land that can't be used for much other than zoo. It seems almost too obvious. It's a cheap opportunity to turn an eyesore into an attraction.
I can see this being done with parts of the easement, as you already see deer in those areas from time to rime. The bigger concern would be livestock animals, and if they are going to be able to get acclimated to Finnegan's swoosh sound or having Loch Ness cars overhead. That's the challenge I see and perhaps why this hasn't been done already.

I can see this being done with parts of the easement, as you already see deer in those areas from time to rime. The bigger concern would be livestock animals, and if they are going to be able to get acclimated to Finnegan's swoosh sound or having Loch Ness cars overhead. That's the challenge I see and perhaps why this hasn't been done already.

The have cows and horses next to Pantheon. It isn’t quiet either.

A couple thoughts on this. We have field space for our horses that we can because the lines from the well run in there and we were advised that their weight might cause the pipes to have micro cracks. The pipeline is likely significantly deeper so that may not be an issue. I also believe the current fields are on the cut so again that might not be the issue.

Another issue is I think that likely several of the trees bordering the cut are toxic to horses. Specifically in the fall as they shed the their leaves those leaves eaten in even fairly mild amounts they can cause a lethal build up in the blood. I am not sure if that would be an issue for the cows or sheep.

Thirdly is access the zoo staff currently have an issue with sedchuling things for the annimals around being able to get people and equipment to them with Pantheon's plaza in the way a field in the middle of the park would have at least the same issues if not more.

The final issue is fencing the area if you look closely at the field being used overly Pantheon the area where it crosses the pipeline if it hasn't been changed actually uses a temporary fencing that sits on top of the ground I am not sure that the park would want to use that in a more central part of the park for various reasons.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad